iPad page scrolling

Forum to ask for any help
anderdea

Re: iPad page scrolling

Post by anderdea » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:59 pm

I’m using a full size iPad Air. As I said, this has worked for me but after it’s all set up I will rethink it. Don’t want to get caught with my pants down when iRule goes away.

Also, I have a question. On my Home page I added the left component subpage for jumps until I got most of the pages working. Now that I have swipes working I want to get rid the that subpage from the home page. No matter what I do, it shows up. I tell it to hide in designer and it disappears but when uploaded it’s still shows on the Home Page. I have a large jpeg image as my background (photo) on the Home page. Can that be causing the issue? Any ideas?

Peter M

Post by Peter M » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:32 am

Hiding subpages in the designer only applies to what you see in the designer. The subpage is still there and will show up in the app. You need to delete the subpage from the page.

Cheers,
Peter M

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:48 am

If you want to temporarily hide subpages, use a flag on the reveal menu for the subpage. If the flag is off, the subpage will not be visible, when you set the flag on, it becomes visible - optionally sliding in from the left/right/top/bottom.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:00 pm

1. How do I remove the subpage from my home page. Nothing I see let’s do that.

2. Won’t the setting of the flag effect all my pages that have subpages on them seeing the subpage has the same name. I’d rather remove the subpage from my home page as I want the subpages showing on my other pages.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:07 pm

To remove any object from a page, single click on it on the canvas and press the backspace key.

Assigning a flag to a particular instance of a subpage on one page has no effect on any other pages which might also contain the same subpage.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks, subpage removal worked as described.

My final hurtle down the road will be getting my Home Theater PC to Wake up on LAN. Still have a couple more pages to build and home page macros to set up and then I’ll tackle the WOL.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 pm

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:19 pm

FYI,
Well after spending about 2 hours and finally going back to the iRule forum, I was able to get WOL to work work for my HTPC. In the DemoPad example it shows an IP address that needs to be something like 192.168.1.255. In my case 255.255.255.255 as explained in the iRule forum, finally did the trick.

I did download Hercules and it is way above my networking knowledge. So I don’t know how much help it will be to me!. Still haven’t got my Amazon Fire TV to work.

I am getting there, slow but sure, thanks for all the help.

rhett7660

Post by rhett7660 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:09 pm

anderdea wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:38 pm
Mine is a pretty simple set up. I have about 9 pages of components (still building in designer) with subpages that show up on each page to navigate to differing AV component pages. At the bottom of the page in the open area is my swipe pages area. I want to duplicate my iRule setup first thus learning DemoPad and then maybe build a new design down the road. I’ve found the most time consuming part of this process is adding and converting Pronto Hex code to GC “sendir” format.

What makes it a bit difficult In my setup is I have a TV system based around an old Mitsubishi 73” DLP TV (still has a great picture), Dish Network satellite receiver and a older Pioneer AV receiver with sound bar and shared rear speakers from my main system. The Mitz speakers really aren’t good. The main system is based around a Denon 7.1 AV receiver (IP controlled - see attachment) and a new Sony 4K projector. I can route any source to the TV or the Projector and have Macros on my Home page to do that.
I would put the items that are on the left and right in the black areas as subpages that slide in and out based on a button touch. That way it will give you a little more room to put some of the other items. This way if you have them set as a subpage you can also re-use them on other pages and if you make a change to the one page it carries over to the other pages that are using the same subpage.

cv27

Post by cv27 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:39 pm

anderdea wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:19 pm
FYI,
Well after spending about 2 hours and finally going back to the iRule forum, I was able to get WOL to work work for my HTPC. In the DemoPad example it shows an IP address that needs to be something like 192.168.1.255. In my case 255.255.255.255 as explained in the iRule forum, finally did the trick ...
Intriguing, a WOL magic packet normally requires the mac address, not a local broadcast address (255.255.255.255). How would a device know the wake up call is for it when there's no indication who should accept the request? Unless you're referring to DemoPad's IP address field on the device properties tab: I may be wrong on this, but I believe this field is not considered when sending a WOL.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:00 pm

In device properties I have a Generic IP device set up called HTPC MAC Adress: IP Address 255.255.255.255, port 7 and UDP checked. On my HTPC Page I have a button called WOL. In the Pre-Defined Commands I have the MAC address set up as explained in the DemoPad link viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31&p=31 - \xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFF\ then 16 repeats of my MAC address. The button is a “send Command” linking to the MAC Address command code.

It works.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Rhett7660,
The black areas on the left and right are sub pages. I just haven’t set them up to toggle on and off yet. No a real fan of flags so I’m waiting when I have more patience to attack that process.

rhett7660

Post by rhett7660 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:54 pm

anderdea wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 pm
Rhett7660,
The black areas on the left and right are sub pages. I just haven’t set them up to toggle on and off yet. No a real fan of flags so I’m waiting when I have more patience to attack that process.
Gotcha! The flags are actually very easy to do once you get the hang of it. Use them all over the place.