IPad Air in my project, the pages are much to big

Forum to ask for any help
anderdea

IPad Air in my project, the pages are much to big

Post by anderdea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:00 pm

My project is set up around an iPad Air 9.7” tablet. Even in designer it looked like I had way to much room on my initial page. When I downloaded to my iPad it was confirmed. I must have set it up incorrectly in my initial setup. I can scroll down a right on the iPad instead of having a fixed page. The iPad has a resolution of 2048 X1536 and I want to use it in landscape mode.

Can someone help me out here and set me on the right path, thanks.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: IPad Air in my project, the pages are much to big

Post by DemoPad » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:36 pm

You should use 768x1024 resolution for any iPad. To make use of the retina display, use the 50% scaling option for images in the designer software, eg using our Pro Set Retina graphics. The images are not altered when sent to the iPad, so retina devices will display them at full resolution.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:10 pm

Thanks. I’m going to start a new project and see if I can make it a bit more organized.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:07 pm

OK,
I started a new project for my iPad (Landscape Mode locked)
Sequence:
- Device with IP address Global Cache IP2IR
- Home page with 3 buttons
- a Full page with an on and off button for my AV Receiver with commands assigned
- A Subpages that I want to have show up on both sides of all my component pages. It had a button on for this as a test that will eventually have multiple buttons that stays visible on all pages except the Home Page. These buttons will visible on all component pages (left and right sides) with jumps to pages with my components on them.

I believe the format and hierarchy is correct however all that show up upon download is just the home page. My component and sub page aren’t there.

Whats the upload process? I see some tutorials that just show an upload page with the PC IP address and file name.
Mine shows that plus a QR code. Another. Tutorial I say showed loading the QR with the iPad camera.

I purchased the DemoControlHD app for my iPad as I have more than 1 device and am using DemoPad Designer on my Win7 PC.

Some help please.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Have you added the subpages to the main page? see http://designer.docs.demopad.com/pages/subpages/ You can send in your project to support@demopad.com and we will take a look. Please note you should really be using the CentroControl app, DemoControlHD is only on the app store for legacy systems / old iPad 1 devices, as it says in the app description. (for example DemoControlHD cannot scan a QR Code to load a project)

Current documentation is at http://designer.docs.demopad.com

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 pm

I’m about to head out.
So quickly, can I open my current project in CentroControl App? Will I have to also purchase CentroControl?
Sub page is under the component page for my AV receiver.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:57 am

There is an in app purchase in CentroControl if you are using >1 device, and not using a Centro.

rhett7660

Post by rhett7660 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 pm

If you are using more than one device to transmit commands and you are not using one of the Centro products then yes you will need to purchase the in-app purchase. Do you have links setup to get to your sub pages?

My structure looks like the following:

Transmitting Devices
GC-100-12
GC-IPIR

Watch TV
Main - Cable remote
Sub - TV Channels with icons
Sub - Music Channels with icons
Sub - least used

Watch Movie
Main - Blu ray Controls (Most used)
Sub - Blu ray controls least used (setup controls that I didn't want crowding my main screen)

Watch Apple TV
Main

Amp - Pioneer Receiver
Main - least used
Sub - least used
Sub - least used

TV
Main - least used
Sub - least used

Sub Pages - used as slide either left or right (Drawers)
Volume - Mute
Navigation, outside applications

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm

rhett7660 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 pm
If you are using more than one device to transmit commands and you are not using one of the Centro products then yes you will need to purchase the in-app purchase.
To be clear, the in app purchase applies if you are not using a Centro, and have more than one target device for your IP commands, eg an amplifier, matrix, global cache unit etc. The number of iOS devices you have transmitting the commands has nothing to do with the in app purchase.

rhett7660

Post by rhett7660 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm

DemoPad wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm
rhett7660 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 pm
If you are using more than one device to transmit commands and you are not using one of the Centro products then yes you will need to purchase the in-app purchase.
To be clear, the in app purchase applies if you are not using a Centro, and have more than one target device for your IP commands, eg an amplifier, matrix, global cache unit etc. The number of iOS devices you have transmitting the commands has nothing to do with the in app purchase.
Correct, I stand corrected.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 am

I am using a GC IP2IR gateway device and will down the road as I get more familiar with the software be using IP control of my Denon receiver and possibly my new Sony 4K projector.

I have my subpages working and am at this point just trying to duplicate my iRule setup. Nothing extravagant but very functional. I need to look closer at your setup hierarchy. It looks interesting. I will do more development down the road after everything works. The software looks very powerful.

I am running into one issue that I didn’t with iRule with buttons. In iRule you never saw the square around the, say circular button no matter what background was used. The buttons I am using (some from iRile) and some from the Designer, some my own, always show the the background of the particular button. Its especially disconcerting when trying to line up say cursor (right, left, top, bottom) control buttons as the full frame of the each button overlap. Is the a way to make that portion blend in with the background. It looks fine on my iPad but not in design.

Thanks.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 am

For this, if you get rid of the background image you can see through the button transparency, and put the background image back later.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Couldn’t see through the button with background gone. I set it to white as I didn’t see any transparency setting on the pull down colors. problem is any white text I have disappears.

Q1: I’ve looked all over the tutorials and don’t find anywhere I can repeat a command by holding down a button. Trying to get a ramping up or down for volume Control.
Q2: I want to put a subpage I have created on my Home screen but only make it visible when needed. Like slide it from the left margin into the page so if I have to I can jump to a specific page from the page jump buttons on that subpage.
Q3: is there a way to auto dim the CentroControl app on the iPad when not in use but still leaving it availabe on a wake up tap to save battery?
Q4: how/where can I import more fonts?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Q1: click on a button, go to gesture actions - press and hold, those actions can repeat.

Q2: use a flag, and the reveal menu

Q3: yes, using the 'set brightness' action type, and the 'disable auto lock' action type.

Q4: by typing the name of the iOS font in the drop down list in Designer - if the font exists on the device, it will be used. There is an app you can download rom iTunes which lists all available fonts.

Current documentation at http://designer.docs.demopad.com

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I did find the answer to volume in another post but you beat me to it.
Where do I find the info fo Q3? Didn’t see it in CentroControl iPad setting. Is it in the design software?