Publish App files to Cloud - images not loading

Forum to ask for any help
AKWillows

Publish App files to Cloud - images not loading

Post by AKWillows » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi

Rather than using a local sync method I am trialling using the "Publish App files to Cloud" as this is easier for me when using an iPad which is fixed to the wall. It also means that any of my devices which run the project can be synced at different times without having to ensure the PC is on and in the Sync screen.

Everything works fine except that any new images I add to the project are not downloaded by the iPad and so I just get the large red "image missing" cross.

Is there an option I should be selecting to ensure these are uploaded or can images only be added via a local sync?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Publish App files to Cloud - images not loading

Post by DemoPad » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:25 pm

AKWillows wrote:Hi

Is there an option I should be selecting to ensure these are uploaded or can images only be added via a local sync?
No, the images should be sent to the cloud when you save the project. Try the 'Synchronise PC files with cloud' option on the project menu, that should re-send all images. If that doesn't solve the issue, it may be something specific about your images, email support@demopad.com with your cloud project details and they will investigate

AKWillows

Post by AKWillows » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:53 pm

That sorted it! Thanks :D

You also need the "Reload images/sounds" turned on in the MANUAL part of the iPad app settings. Wasn't expecting that as the app does appear to refresh without "Reload next time" set in the same section

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:16 pm

AKWillows wrote:That sorted it! Thanks :D

You also need the "Reload images/sounds" turned on in the MANUAL part of the iPad app settings. Wasn't expecting that as the app does appear to refresh without "Reload next time" set in the same section
Yes, this is intentional to speed things up for the end user. With 'Automatic Cloud Sync' turned on, if the project has changed in the cloud, then changes will be automatically sent down to the app when it is launched, but this is intended for quick programmatic changes to be made remotely, so no images are downloaded. If there are any major changes (such as new images) you need to re-scan the QR code / turn on reload next time/images to download everything.

AKWillows

Post by AKWillows » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:37 pm

Great. Understand completely now :-)