DemoControlHD Users Forgotten?

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
wallee

Re: DemoControlHD Users Forgotten?

Post by wallee » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:53 pm

DemoPad wrote:
wallee wrote: This is really not nice to treat customers like this. We already payed for the professional graphics and i think this is a done to get some extra cashflow!
You paid to use the professional graphics with the DemoControlHD app. You can still do this.
Ok, I know i can do this..
What really concerns me is that i'm having a app now which is NOT updated anymore.. I reported already some issues with the webviews which i cant use anymore because of crashing (stability problems)
Fair should be when you convert al the existing payed DemoControlHD app customers to the new Centro app without forcing customer to do a 40 dollar payment. Im NOT using these Centro hardware and lots of customers don't.
Please don't forget the small customer as they become maybe bigger in the future and will remember this!

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:02 pm

The webview issue reported is an iOS bug relating to an Apple iOS update, not one within our app. CentroControl now uses a new way of handling webviews (which incidentally will NOT work with DemoControlHD because of the historical iOS version requirement - and we are not willing to leave users who purchased the solution years ago without a working app).

You do NOT need to use the Centro hardware to use the CentroControl app. CentroControl is FREE with a single IP device.

The solution to your specific problem might be this: use DemoControlHD for control of your devices, and use the FREE CentroControl app for the webview / one device - and implement an app launch button to take you from one app to the other.

From a previous post:
I can assure you no one is being forgotten, but if we follow your logic we should provide free tech support and free upgrades and free new features for life. That really is a challenge.
Mike Cain CEO DemoPad

wallee

Post by wallee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:31 am

Im using 2 devices with same IP but different portnumbers. Is the Demopad app seeing this as 2 ip devices? Im getting the message "ERROR could not communicate with centro, app will no longer operate."

DemoPad wrote:The webview issue reported is an iOS bug relating to an Apple iOS update, not one within our app. CentroControl now uses a new way of handling webviews (which incidentally will NOT work with DemoControlHD because of the historical iOS version requirement - and we are not willing to leave users who purchased the solution years ago without a working app).

You do NOT need to use the Centro hardware to use the CentroControl app. CentroControl is FREE with a single IP device.

The solution to your specific problem might be this: use DemoControlHD for control of your devices, and use the FREE CentroControl app for the webview / one device - and implement an app launch button to take you from one app to the other.

From a previous post:
I can assure you no one is being forgotten, but if we follow your logic we should provide free tech support and free upgrades and free new features for life. That really is a challenge.
Mike Cain CEO DemoPad

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:10 am

An IP device is defined as one of the devices in the tree view of DemoDesign - ie something which has an IP address that you send commands to. If you have multiple devices in your project, and are not using our hardware, then an in app purchase is required.
Every green device icon in the designer software project tree view is classed as a single device. Using a unit, such as a Global Cache GC-100 which uses multiple ports is classed as using multiple devices.

wallee

Post by wallee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:04 am

Ok thank you. I will find out something. I understand you can't provide lifetime support and upgrades for a only 1 time payed app. I will consider paying the 40 dollar when the webview problem is solved in the CentroControl app. Is this already tested?
Keep up the good work and excellent support!
DemoPad wrote:The webview issue reported is an iOS bug relating to an Apple iOS update, not one within our app. CentroControl now uses a new way of handling webviews (which incidentally will NOT work with DemoControlHD because of the historical iOS version requirement - and we are not willing to leave users who purchased the solution years ago without a working app).

From a previous post:
Mike Cain CEO DemoPad

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:51 am

wallee wrote:Ok thank you. I will find out something. I understand you can't provide lifetime support and upgrades for a only 1 time payed app. I will consider paying the 40 dollar when the webview problem is solved in the CentroControl app. Is this already tested?
Keep up the good work and excellent support!
Yes, the current version of CentroControl includes the updated webview mechanism. You can download and test with that app for free, just make sure you have just 1 device in your project when uploading.