Global Cache Flex IP2SL --> Dusky --> Sky+ (via iTest)

Forum to ask for any help
rfoulkes

Global Cache Flex IP2SL --> Dusky --> Sky+ (via iTest)

Post by rfoulkes » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:00 pm

I thought it would be an easy upgrade to move from Global Cache IR to Global Cache Serial to operate my Sky+ boxes using a Dusky Controller. I know that a number of you on these boards have done it without issue.

Unfortunately I'm now stuck.

I know that I should run iTest using Port 4999, and that I should be able to send a basic command to my Sky+ box

Can anyone suggest how I format such a command to work in iTest?

I have been given a Dusky example such as A+01fpx which should toggle the Sky box on/off

I know my Dusky controller is working as I connected an RS232 cable from my laptop to the Dusky & used the Sky Controller App and it all worked fine.

There is one other area of concern is that the instructions say I should use baud rate set as 57,600 on the IP2SL, yet in the web based setup screen it does not go beyond 38,400.
Will the Dusky automatically drop to this lower value? or is this just irrelevant?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Global Cache Flex IP2SL --> Dusky --> Sky+ (via iTest)

Post by DemoPad » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:13 am

The baud rate is crucial - if it is not set to the same as the Dusky, the commands won't work.

rfoulkes

Re: Global Cache Flex IP2SL --> Dusky --> Sky+ (via iTest)

Post by rfoulkes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Many thanks for your response.

After speaking with Global Cache they told me that the current version of the GUI software does not allow the baud rate to be set to the higher rates and that it needs to be done manually by sending it on the command line.

Following this change it all worked fine and I can now control my Sky box via serial, and can now look to incorporate into my Demopad. Cheers.