Share Your Designs!

Share projects you have created or look at projects that others have made.
DemoPad
Site Admin

Share Your Designs!

Post by DemoPad » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Share your designs in the DemoPad software here.

Here are a few videos we have found on YouTube that were created using DemoPad. Feel free to submit your own examples!

Idealhomes

Re: Share Your Designs!

Post by Idealhomes » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Here is a couple of screen shots that I did for a client who was over the moon with how it turned out. The brief was to eventually have full home automation but wanted to start with their home entertainment first and this is there vision through my design.

Last edited by Idealhomes on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Setting the Standard in Quality and Commitment"

Dulstone

Post by Dulstone » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:36 am

Styled as a tribute to iPronto. Getting away from the concept of buttons (they are physical thing!).

Enjoy !

Rob.

IMG_0369.jpg
IMG_0373.jpg
IMG_0371.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

holmrun

Post by holmrun » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Rob,
What did you use to put the TV feed into the remote pages if you don't mind sharing?

Thank you.

Idealhomes

Post by Idealhomes » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:16 pm

holmrun wrote:Rob,
What did you use to put the TV feed into the remote pages if you don't mind sharing?

Thank you.
You can purchase a "cheap as chips" video server like the following, Demopad will be selling these on their site soon too :mrgreen:

http://www.aviosys.com/9100.html

holmrun

Post by holmrun » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:09 pm

Looks interesting - do you know what format the embedded video player uses on the 'video server' - I was originally looking at trying to use the embedded slingplayer but it uses a flash-based player which to my understanding won't work on the iPad?

Idealhomes

Post by Idealhomes » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:16 am

holmrun wrote:Looks interesting - do you know what format the embedded video player uses on the 'video server' - I was originally looking at trying to use the embedded slingplayer but it uses a flash-based player which to my understanding won't work on the iPad?
I don't know for sure and cannot find any info on the product but I reckon it's a basic HTTP web server, similar to the Foscam range of IP Cameras (except you can use these and not the Foscam Cameras :lol: ).

Dulstone

Post by Dulstone » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Yep, I used the 9100a. You link to the image with a dynamic label and demopad does the rest. You send http/ip commands to change the input it displays.

More tech info : http://www.sunspot.co.uk/Projects/IP_KA ... _notes.htm

Dulstone

Post by Dulstone » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:32 pm

To be more specific, demopad just keeps refreshing a jpg image that is stored and constantly updated on the 9100a. No video player or flash needed.

You do not get sound, and it's not quite smooth enough to watch constantly, but it's great for seeing what's going on on another source, while your tv is watching another.

Rob.

Idealhomes

Post by Idealhomes » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:16 am

Dulstone wrote:To be more specific, demopad just keeps refreshing a jpg image that is stored and constantly updated on the 9100a. No video player or flash needed.

You do not get sound, and it's not quite smooth enough to watch constantly, but it's great for seeing what's going on on another source, while your tv is watching another.

Rob.
Nice to know, I was going to get a unit of eBay, but will maybe look at that model down the line for something else. The BNC model has streaming video, so all you need is BNC-RCA adapters and theoretically you should be good to go in the same format.....

Here on eBay

What are you using now Rob?

Dulstone

Post by Dulstone » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 am

Idealhomes wrote:What are you using now Rob?
??? Can you elaborate, not sure what you are asking ?

Idealhomes

Post by Idealhomes » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Dulstone wrote:
Idealhomes wrote:What are you using now Rob?
??? Can you elaborate, not sure what you are asking ?
Sorry Rob, what are you using for video streaming to your iPad/iPod from your equipment, as in your pics or are they screen shots using the 9100A? I am toying with the idea for Wow factor and order a Video Server (streaming) to use inside the app :mrgreen:

Dulstone

Post by Dulstone » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:27 am

Yes, I'm happily using the 9100a, and that is what is producing the picture in the dumps above. I see it's coming soon to the Demopad store.

chjones

Post by chjones » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:08 am

Here are some screen shots from my first attempt. The graphics are mostly pilfered from Remotecentral.com and re-sized.
I just managed to get basic IP control working on my Yamaha receiver and TIVO. I am working on the WDTV and PS3 tonight. If anyone want my config, feel free to email me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

limeyb**tard

Post by limeyb**tard » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

For all the Trekkies out there...I made this with a few simple shapes and a limited pallete

the home page with common controls for audio, lights and blinds...all of the remote functions are placed on pages that are rarely used...volume is 2-way feedback from the amp
1.png
most functionality is accessed from activity pages for the appropriate device...the cover art in the XBMC mode is accessed from the XBMC server and the top paused screen shows a screen capture of the paused location
2.png
there are even embedded animations should the trekkie need a "fix" during a lull in the spidie action
3.png