Uverse Channel guide that dosn't suck.

Share projects you have created or look at projects that others have made.
stub

Uverse Channel guide that dosn't suck.

Post by stub » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:40 am

I’ve got Uverse service and just thought I’d share a page I came up with that’s been working great for me. It’s a TV Guide or channel listing sort of deal. Uverse does have an app but it sucks, crashes, and suffers from extreme featuritis. If they would simplify it some and stop the crashing it would be awesome.
But, Uvers has a better option for us at.
http://uverse.com/guide
So I create a new page, covered the entire screen with a web view, then blacked out the top and bottom to cover the web links I didn’t want to accidentally hit. Added a panel at the bottom to select channels.
image.jpg
This worked pretty well but flipping between landscape and portrait caused confusion with two different views of the same page. So on the landscape side, I just made a 0-9 digit keypad with large digits to select channels.
To use, I scroll up/down find what I want to watch, note what channel it's on and either flip to landscape to type it in, or type it in at the bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stub

Re: Uverse Channel guide that dosn't suck.

Post by stub » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:28 am

Never mind. Uverse screwed this up also.
When I originally made it, the web guide had channel numbers. Since then they removed them making this useless. The app sucks even worse now and the web page is pointless without channel numbers.
If anyone knows of something that works please let me know.