My Star Trek-inspired remote

Share projects you have created or look at projects that others have made.
olyar15

My Star Trek-inspired remote

Post by olyar15 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:43 am

Just wanted to show what I've been working on. It's not complete, since I am still waiting on some equipment and stuff (like my Apple TV that I got "free" from my credit card reward points). My AV system is quite simple, now that I cut the cable cord, so I only have iTunes and Netflix as my source of movies and tv shows, plus my DVD collection that I ripped onto my HTPC/media server. So my system consists of my HTPC, Onkyo receiver (ip-controlled), Pioneer plasma (IR-controlled), and AppleTV (IR-controlled).

When I was thinking about how I was going to design my remote, I didn't want to emulate physical buttons, since this is a flat screen. So I looked at the various displays on Star Trek and ST: The Next Generation, and took my inspiration from those. This is what I came up with (keep in mind that it is not quite finished, and will undergo some tweeking).
ipad01.jpg
ipad02.jpg
ipad03.jpg
-Charles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

starwarsmike

Re: My Star Trek-inspired remote

Post by starwarsmike » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Well done Charles, looks Awesome.

brucys

Post by brucys » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:25 am

Looks means as. I am trekie also so way cool. GOOD WORK BUD!!!

brucys

Post by brucys » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:24 am

Looks mean as mate. Like the style and look. NICE WORK look forward to seeing final version

Oldie52

Post by Oldie52 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:24 pm

Would be really interested to see how it finally turned out.