Apple TV 4th gen and 4k

Share any commands you know or look here to find commands for your devices.
ekkoville

Apple TV 4th gen and 4k

Post by ekkoville » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Anyone have the IP commands for the last two Apple TV’s? I currently use an IP module from iRule and it’s above average but not great. Rather not use IR.

ekkoville

Re: Apple TV 4th gen and 4k

Post by ekkoville » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:52 am

I guess not.....

rhett7660

Post by rhett7660 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Unless something has changed, I don't think Apple opened up the IP commands for the Apple TV. I haven't searched for any in a long time once I found out there was none. I have been using IR since without any issues.

tharlin

Post by tharlin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:22 am

Apple doesn't have an officially published or supported IP command set. Apple's own remote app uses one, though, and a few adventurous types (such as iRule and Simple Control) have reverse-engineered the protocol. However, it requires a specific authentication sequence be performed from the app itself so it would have to be supported as a dedicated device type within the DemoPad app. It also breaks - Even Apple's own app will sometimes lose it's authentication and you need to reboot the Apple TV to get it back. Unless they've fixed that by now, that is. But if you're an integrator you don't want those phone calls, so the Demopad folks have sensibly decided not to go that route.