Amazon Fire TV

Share any commands you know or look here to find commands for your devices.
nealconyard

Amazon Fire TV

Post by nealconyard » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:19 am

Has anybody managed to find IP controls for the Amazon Fire TV. the only ones I can seem to find are the ABD commands however these do not work through demopad

starwarsmike

Re: Amazon Fire TV

Post by starwarsmike » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Does anyone have these codes yet?

trevorst

Post by trevorst » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:03 am

Nope..
I had been making it work for me using HDMI sync, it works for control of the Firetv but is not ideal.

Needed a new TV so ended up going the Roku route and bought a Roku TV, best total control of a Media player and TV I have ever had. Although the TV does not power up from IP, it will from a wake on lan.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Port 5555, no command suffix, and send the initialize_connection command first to establish communication (in the initial command field).

You also need to enable ADB in the settings of the device.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trevorst

Post by trevorst » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:12 am

Thanks... Will try as soon as I can.

starwarsmike

Post by starwarsmike » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:59 am

works perfect for me thanks

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:12 am

Can’t get this to work. I have a new Fire TV. I set up a new device with my fixed IP address, port 5555 and downloaded the dc1 file. ADB is set to ON in the Fire TV. I’m no familiar with the “initial_command” box. I tried to copy and paste the code in that field but it wouldn’t take. I know I’m doing something basically wrong.

Also what is the “power Toggle” command in the codes?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:49 am

To paste text into that field, right click & choose paste. Control-C / V is reserved for objects within the project, not text. As with most devices, if it doesn't work first time, recommend getting it working outside of DemoPad - eg using Hercules - that way you know that the port, commands etc are all correct.

Richard AVIT

Post by Richard AVIT » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi can someone offer me some help with this.
I have all the setting right to my knowledge but I just can get this working.

I have the ADB on, I have a static IP address.
I have added the commands, using port 5555, I have removed the suffix command and added the initial command.
But when I go to test the command from the Pre-Defined commands page I get "error sending command"

I have also tried to route this via the CM8 and this has not helped.

barza

Post by barza » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:56 pm

Like Richard AVIT, I was unable to get this working despite following the instructions here to the letter.

I think that the latest FireOS releases have chnaged the way ADB is implemented, and that may have broken the availability to do this.

Can Demopad support confirm whether the file provided above still works?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Error sending command means that the port is not open, or at least the PC software cannot establish a connection to it. Suggest attempting getting control working outside of DemoPad first, eg using Hercules. All DemoPad does is send commands to the destination port, it seems that the new FireTV firmware has disabled / altered this. We have no resolution currently - though other DemoPad users may have found an alternate way to control it.