WD TV Live IP commands

Share any commands you know or look here to find commands for your devices.
cv27

WD TV Live IP commands

Post by cv27 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:15 pm

I was unable to upload a .pdf that provides some explanations. If interested, download "WD TV Live POST commands.pdf.txt" and remove the ".txt" to get to the pdf.

EDIT 2014-02-08 - I have since acquired a Gen3 type (WD TV Live Media Player WDBHG70000NBK). The Gen3 unit now accepts an IP Power Toggle command, even while in powered off mode. And by the way the Gen3 is alot more responsive than my old Gen1 unit (faster processor). I can now say that all the commands have been verified on the Gen3 unit, except for those related to the keyboard pop up and those related to the volume commands.

EDIT 2014-02-09 - Updated version of the PDF attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

link1896

Re: WD TV Live IP commands

Post by link1896 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:19 am

Howdy cv27,

I've been testing this protocol and cannot get it to work. The "your ip" I've tried set as the ip address of my win7 notebook running demopad designer, also as the WD TV Live's ip address.

I've the device in demopad designer set as generic, valid ip address, port 80, no command suffix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

cv27

Post by cv27 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:23 pm

"your-ip-address" is meant to be the one for the WD TV Live: that's where you're trying to send commands. For each command in the .DC1 file, replace "[WD_TV_IP_address]", including the square brackets, with your WD TV address. As an example, for toggle powering a WD TV device at 192.168.1.1 the command would be:
POST /cgi-bin/toServerValue.cgi HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AContent-Length: 14\x0D\x0AContent-Type:
text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1\x0D\x0AHost: 192.168.1.1:3388\x0D\x0AConnection: Keep-
Alive\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A{"remote":"w"}

The above command, although displayed over several lines in this post, is one continuous stream. Adding or removing anything between the curly brackets at the tail end will cause the command to fail (because content length is set at 14). Also adding or removing spaces in the rest of the command may make it fail at the TCP protocol level. So it's best to actually use the .dc1 file.

Your WD TV supports IP commands to control it, right?

As far as defining the device in DemoPad: generic device, port 3388, no suffix. Here's what I have:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrea_x

Post by andrea_x » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi guys,
sorry for the silly question but I'm a newbe: how can I send that POST request for example with PHP or python?
Thanks a lot!