Control your Sky via RS232

Share any commands you know or look here to find commands for your devices.
starwarsmike

Control your Sky via RS232

Post by starwarsmike » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Sky RS232.dc1
Hi All

For all you people out there who want to control your Sky via RS232 (no silly infrared wires), here's how it's done;

Download DC1 with Sky HD commands (has all commands for HD Boxes) Ref Dusky Control for Sky+ & other boxes

Equipment required;

iTach TCP/IP to Serial (RS232) or Wirless version
Dual output Dusky Controller - http://www.dusky-control.com/serial.shtml
http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/WF100_cable.htm#RAFF is probably the best bet (scroll down to " Need an 'F' plug on one end and a right-angle Female TV plug on the other
RS232 Cable Male to Female

Setup
1), You connect satcure cable to RF2 output on your Sky box (check you have first), if you don't check Dusky website for different version of controller.
2) Turn on RF2 output on your sky box, press services then 001 then select, this will take you to engineers menu, go to RF outlet on menu and turn on RF power. you need this on to power the Dusky controller
3) Connect other end of satcure cable to the dusky controller
4) Connect RS232 cable to the dusky controller RS232 connection
5) Connect other end of the RS232 cable to the itach unit
6) Configure the itach unit with your network & Demopad
7) Import the DCI commands
8) Your done

All works 100%, no delays. flawless

See Dusky website for more information, note the commands attached are for HD boxes, if you have a different box like sky+ you will need to change the commands you will only need to change the last 4 numbers or letters for each of my commands.

I hope this helps

Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jogu

Re: Control your Sky via RS232

Post by jogu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 am

Many thanks for writing this all up Michael, it looks awesome!

If people have any questions about the Dusky units they're very welcome to drop me an email: joseph@dusky-control.com

Joseph

anthonypaul

Post by anthonypaul » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:50 pm

help i have a redeye pro and a dusky controller , i want to control sky + hd , how do i get the redeye to do this

starwarsmike

Post by starwarsmike » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:13 am

Hi

Exactly as show in the post above, except, 5) Connect other end of the RS232 cable to the itach unit, connect to your Redye pro. Setup device (Redeye pro) in Demopad

Have you tried this yet?

starwarsmike

Post by starwarsmike » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:19 am

Just realized you might asking how to setup Redeye pro instead of Demopad.

If so, I suggest to download Demopad and import the DCI file, then you can see the commands to use. I'v never used Redeye, but imagine you just setup the device same as Demopad and add the commands

Demopad can you confirm?

Michael

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 am

Any commands contained within the RedEye system can be imported into DemoPad, to allow DemoPad to send commands to the RedEye unit - just add the RedEye unit as a device of type 'RedEye' and use 'Import RedEye Commands' from the pre-defined commands module. Please refer to the RedEye documentation for setting up the Dusky commands within RedEye though.

kerai

Post by kerai » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi

Is there a trial version of the Roomie app that allows the testing of this app with my Redeye Pro.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am

You'd have to contact Roomie - this is the DemoPad app forum, and the only 'trial' version for DemoPad is the Lite app which allows you to view your interface, but does not send commands. You can use our designer software though to pull in your commands from RedEye, and to test them from the designer software - which should prove that it will work.