Dropped WiFi Connection iPad/iOS6/DemoPad

Forum to ask for any help
cdneh

Dropped WiFi Connection iPad/iOS6/DemoPad

Post by cdneh » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Anyone else experiencing WiFi flakiness when DemoPad is running under iOS6 on an iPad?

We use DempPad on an iPhone (4/iOS6) and an iPad(3/iOS6). The phone app has no issues but the iPad seems to frequently drop the WiFi connection and hang the app. Switching (just loading, no clicks) to Safari immediately brings WiFi back but it drops again after a few clicks in DemoPad. I've been unable to recreate the problem with any other app on the device.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

- Chris

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Dropped WiFi Connection iPad/iOS6/DemoPad

Post by DemoPad » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Are you using the 'send data to website' action type by any chance? This is a blocking command, if the URL cannot be reached for any reason the app will appear to hang while it times out. It is sometimes better to use a device & HTTP GET request command, commands sent to devices are non-blocking. We've had no other reports of issues running the app under iOS6.

d_hero

Re: Dropped WiFi Connection iPad/iOS6/DemoPad

Post by d_hero » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:25 pm

I had lots of wifi problems after ios 6 update. A hard reset fixed all my issues instantly, just hold power and home button and ignore the "Slide to power off" screen, then it will reboot eventually and hopefully it will be sorted