Getting Status from Vera Heatit Thermostat

Forum to ask for any help
Cheesegeezer

Getting Status from Vera Heatit Thermostat

Post by Cheesegeezer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:47 am

Not sure if you guys can help me but i'll give it a shot.

I have sussed out most of the info required for the Heatit Underfloor heating thermostat. These commands all work.

Heating Off
GET /data_request?id=lu_action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=113&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1&action=SetModeTarget&NewModeTarget=Off HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.0.106
Connection: keep-alive

Heating On - Notice the extra close out suffix for the On command
GET /data_request?id=lu_action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=113&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1&action=SetModeTarget&NewModeTarget=HeatOn HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.0.106\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

Set Temperature
GET /data_request?id=lu_action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=113&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1&action=SetCurrentSetpoint&NewCurrentSetpoint=20 HTTP/1.1

I'm trying to get the Status of the ModeState (What the controller is actually doing at the time of interogation.. i.e. idle, heating, cooling, etc) of the device which uses standard vera xml called "S_HVAC_OperatingState1.xml". The return is a string.

I'm stuck on how to send a status request using the above schema. This is what i've been trying and variations but just not good enough with vera HTTP commands. There is heaps of LUA code to do this but need the request done in DemoPad to set flags.

GET /data_request?id=status&output_format=json&DeviceNum=113&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_OperatingState1 HTTP/1.1

this is from the OperatingState1

HVAC_OperatingState1
Service ID: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HVAC_OperatingState1
File: S_HVAC_OperatingState1.xml

Variable Type Description
ModeState string Represents what the HVAC is actually doing right now. The most common actions are:
Idle
Heating
Cooling

Any help or wisdom would be appreciated

Cheesegeezer

Re: Getting Status from Vera Heatit Thermostat

Post by Cheesegeezer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:52 am

Looks like the heatit module doesn't return the status of the relay.