Image problem

Forum to ask for any help
ekkoville

Image problem

Post by ekkoville » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 am

Boy it seems like never ending issues when I get back into testing. I have cleared out the images I was testing with and adding new ones is causing new problems. First, when adding a new image, it says there is already an image with that name and asks if I want to override it. Next, when I drop a command on the image, it says error. And third, when I select any image I have dropped, there is no option to adjust anything or even edit actions as it is all greyed out.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Image problem

Post by DemoPad » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Whenever you add an image to a project, if one with the same name already exists, it just warns you that you are about to overwrite the image file named x - this is a normal message - it refers to files contained within the project _Files folder.

It sounds like you are adding image objects instead of button objects - images have most of their properties greyed out, and you cannot drag actions onto them.

ekkoville

Post by ekkoville » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:18 pm

That is possible yes. Cannot any image be a button? What differentiates an image and button?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:30 am

Yes any image file can be used as a button object. The only thing which differentiates them is that image objects have no press-able actions, there are just there for visual effect. Buttons by default grey out when depressed, and can have actions.