Commands not sending

Forum to ask for any help
ekkoville

Commands not sending

Post by ekkoville » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Hello all. I am still in the creation process coming from iRule. I have been on and off testing for awhile now. In the software I have the devices up and the two I have work when testing the codes. However, the Marantz SR6006 connected to a GC IP2SL will not work within the app. I have backed out several times and tested in the software, it works, then pushed to the app and scanned the QR code. Nothing. Very odd that it likes it in the software but not the app while the Sony TV connected to a GC IP2IR works fine in the app. Confused.

ekkoville

Re: Commands not sending

Post by ekkoville » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 pm

What is odd is that it works with iRule so I know the GC unit is fine. Must be a setting in the app perhaps?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:59 pm

You should be using port 4999 for the IP2SL - though if the command works from the Test Command in the software, then it should also work from the app. Try saving your project, closing the software, re-opening & upload again. Another thing to check is that the Device IP Addresses in the iOS settings are blank - and not overriding the project settings.

ekkoville

Post by ekkoville » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Thank you. Re: the IP address, are you saying to leave them blank? I have two devices in the software and one, the Sony TV works, but not the Marantz. Should I clear out the addresses in the software?

ekkoville

Post by ekkoville » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Well that was apparently it, I took the IP addresses out and all worked. Odd since I had them in there from another iPhone while testing.

hengenl

Post by hengenl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:47 am

Hi ekkoville,

I read your post, you are saying that you control your Sony Tv through IP, something I didn't get to work! Would you mind to share your settings in order to control a Sony Tv through IP.

Sincerely

Laurent

ekkoville

Post by ekkoville » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:19 pm

I am using a Global Cache IP2IR for control. I have the codes for IP and the TV is on the network but I have yet to try IP commands.