Can't launch Apple remote app

Forum to ask for any help
anderdea

Can't launch Apple remote app

Post by anderdea » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:37 pm

I’ve looked all over this forum and the only command I see to launch the AppleTV remote app on my iPad within DemoPad is “remote://“ (no quotes) in the text area of “Launch a Web Page / other app” . I have it working for my Denon Receiver with. denonremoteapp://. Has the command changed and I’m just missing it.

Also I’ve read a lot about setting up the same look in DemoPad with sliding cursors and commands. Has anyone got this to work satisfactorily. I saw a dc1 download of the Apple commands. Are these all I need?

rhett7660

Re: Can't launch Apple remote app

Post by rhett7660 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 pm

I am not in front of my device, but what happens when you type it manually into safari? Does it launch?

Also what OS version are you using? I know Apple changed the scheme setting for iOS 11 and I don't know if there is one available for the new remote yet. After looking through REDDIT and Apple Forums, there doesn't seem to be a remote url available yet. What version of the App are you using?

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:47 pm

The latest version 11.2.6. When I type Remote:// into Safari it comes up with url can’t be found. Looks like it’s the iOS version on my iPad Air. Also my Apple TV is 3rd generation.

It looks like setting it up in demopad could be an option. My problem is, like many, I can’t get the proper IR code for the center select and play/pause buttons to work properly.

mcsortan

Post by mcsortan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:34 am

Has anyone made any progress on this?

I'm also very keen to open the Apple TV Remote from within Demopad as some of the physical Apple remote cant be replicated with IR.

Now that the URL Scheme "remote://" is no longer available I was wondering if there is another way?

thanks