Denon IP not working

Forum to ask for any help
anderdea

Denon IP not working

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:39 pm

I have to say I have been dreading this part of the design process. Although I’ve read as much as I could regarding setting up IP control, I wasn’t able to get it to work.

I set up a new generic device:
- 192.168.10.30 (my static IP address for my Denon Receiver) It works in iRule
- Default port of 4998, then 5000, and then set the port to 29, as it works in iRule on this port.
- checked “maintain Avtive connection”
- Power On command PWON\x0D\x0A

What am I doing wrong? I’m sure it’s probably the syntax but can’t figure it out.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Denon IP not working

Post by DemoPad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Denon uses port 23 by default, but you can check this with the 'Test Command' button - if it says 'command sent' then the port is open. 'Command failed' means it couldn't even establish the connection to send the command.

Have just \x0D as the device default command suffix (which is a carriage return, added to each command sent), and PWON as the command.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Changed ON command to PWON\x0D. Set it to port 23 and tested ok. No error, but receiver doesn’t come on. Uploaded it to iPad and still didn’t come on.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Instead of a power command, try a volume command with the amp turned on already. If a command doesn't work via 'Test Command', then it is highly unlikely it will work via the app.

The command for volume up should be

MVUP

with a default command suffix of \x0D

Try the command multiple times, because if you had a command suffix of \x0D\x0A before, every further command would fail because it would effectively start with \x0A as far as the Denon was concerned.

Also check that the Denon command protocol applies to your model.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 pm

anderdea wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:05 pm
Changed ON command to PWON\x0D. Set it to port 23 and tested ok. No error, but receiver doesn’t come on. Uploaded it to iPad and still didn’t come on.
I assume you mean the command was PWON and the device command suffix was \x0D ?

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:51 pm

I got the power on to work. I Dah! Was including the \x0D as part of the command being sent eg., PWON\x0D, not realizing in the device properties the command was already using the Command Sufix of \x0D as an add on to the main command. I tried power on and it worked OK but the PWSTANDBY for descrete device power off isn’t working. GO figure!! Works OK in a iRule with that command.

Update, alls working. Thanks for your assistance.
I have the Denon IP command addresses, sent to me by Denon a few years back when I was setting up my current universal remote. Is there a more consice file in this forum somewhere?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Glad you got it working - here is the command file we have:
DENON AVR4311CI_AVR4311.dc1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Thanx, that file will save a lot of time for me.