"Screen Brightness Adjust" command

Forum to ask for any help
AKWillows

"Screen Brightness Adjust" command

Post by AKWillows » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi

One of the pre-configured commands in the Demopad designer software is "Screen Brightness Adjust (0-100)". I can't find this documented anywhere.

Should it adjust the brightness of the iPad? If so, I can't get it to work. I have tried creating a button in the app with this command and then filled in "25" in the Data field of the Action Editor. I thought this might dim the screen to 25% but nothing happens - any ideas?
Adjust brightness.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: "Screen Brightness Adjust" command

Post by DemoPad » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Correct - are you using the latest version of CentroControl?

cv27

Post by cv27 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:39 pm

This feature worked fine for me even in the days of DPad Control; still does with Centro Control.

I suspect 'Auto-Brightness' in the iPad 'Display & Brightness' setting might be fighting your DemoPad setting. I would suggest disabling 'Auto-Brightness'.

I have 'Auto-Brightness' On and have a gauge to let me set the appropriate brightness: works great IF there is no room brightness change. If there is, 'Auto-Brightness' will override my setting.

AKWillows

Post by AKWillows » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:52 am

Thanks both!

Lesson learned... don't assume that you have the latest version of the software on your iPad. :shock: (Auto update settings now turned back on!)

Updated to latest version of Centro Control and it works fine. I'll also check the auto brightness settings on the iPad as you suggest :)