LightwaveRF and Centro processor

Forum to ask for any help
AKWillows

LightwaveRF and Centro processor

Post by AKWillows » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi

Some time ago I set up my Demopad controller to successfully control my LightwaveRF lighting. I had the LightwaveRF own app on each of y devices so each was already registered with the LightwaveRF WiFi Link. This meant everything worked fine.

I'm now adding a Centro processor to my set up and would like to be able to send some of the commands direct from that (I'm setting up some macros etc). However, the Lightwave WifiLink does not recognise the Centro as a registered device... nor does it prompt me to authorise it by pushing a button (as it does for devices with their own app). Has anyone come across this and know of a way to force the WIfiLink to register/recognise a device without their own app running on it?

Cheers!

AKWillows

Re: LightwaveRF and Centro processor

Post by AKWillows » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi

I'd been struggling with this for ages and then tried one thing and fixed it... so posting here in case it helps anyone else...

1) I had 8 phones/tablets paired with my Wifi-Link (some of them now defunct) so first I cleared the registrations using the button in their app

2) repairs the valid devices

3) once there was space in the Wifi Link memory, set up a button in Demopad with a command 001,!F*p

Lo and behold, the WifiLink prompted me to register the new device and all is working perfectly!

......and.... relax!!