Colour Wheel

Forum to ask for any help
starwarsmike

Colour Wheel

Post by starwarsmike » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi

Can someone explain how to setup the Colour wheel? Does this work the same way at Gauges? If so i cannot get it to work. I currently have number variable setup for my gauges for my Pioneer amp, works fine. But when i enter info to colour wheel, nothing happens?

Comments appreciated

asimp11

Re: Colour Wheel

Post by asimp11 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Mike, the colour wheel is instead of using three gauges. Your right it needs three sets of number variables to work. But this is a lighting application typically used with Lutron, Rako or iLight. On the pro software these may come with modules that would be easiest. Or you can as you say use number variables linked to RegEx sending commands between zero and 100% for each channel Red, Green, Blue.

My setup is LED light strip RGB, red, green, blue. Driven by a DMX RGB dimmer. This is connected to a control system which accepts RS232 inputs via a Global Cashe GC-106. Command example - (set channel1-area1-50%) this will set the red to 50%. Once you have your three gauges RGB working for each channel you can then delete your gauges and insert a colour wheel. You must assign your three number variables to the wheel.

I have never tried this with an amplifier, I imagine the volume could jump rapidly. Good luck

AKWillows

Post by AKWillows » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:20 pm

I was wondering if anyone had tried this with Philips Hue lighting?

I have my lights set up in Demopad with simple on/off commands, but currently use the Hue controller if I want to change the colour. Would be great to integrate here, but I'm not sure where to start in passing the individual RGB values back to the Hue

rajkhurana

Post by rajkhurana » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:53 pm

The Colour wheel is a great addition to the software. However there seems to be very little information on how to use it.

I have Philips hue strips and would like to use this function.

Is there a video tutorial? if not can one be created to show how to use it.

Apologizes if the information is available, then please point me to the right direction.

Thanks
Raj

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:23 am

As stated above, the easiest way to get the colour wheel working is to initially use 3 gauges, for R,G,B - linked to 3 number variables, and use custom number actions on those variables to control your system. Once the 3 gauges work, delete the gauges, insert a colour wheel and associate the same 3 number variables to it using the colour wheel menu.

rajkhurana

Post by rajkhurana » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks. I think I understand.
What is the x y settings for?

The only reason I ask is that my hue lamps use xy settings.

Raj

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:49 pm

rajkhurana wrote:Thanks. I think I understand.
What is the x y settings for?

The only reason I ask is that my hue lamps use xy settings.

Raj
x,y should actually not be enabled for a colour wheel, it is for buttons - and indicates an x,y position when you slide around a button object

AKWillows

Post by AKWillows » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Just wondering if anyone has got this working with Philips Hue lights? As mentioned earlier in the thread, they use x, y rather than RGB to set the colour