launching spotify via demopad

Forum to ask for any help
jimg123

launching spotify via demopad

Post by jimg123 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:23 pm

hi all ,is there any way i can go to spotify using a button via demopoad like you can with itunes.
thanks in advance

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: launching spotify via demopad

Post by DemoPad » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:02 am

I'm pretty sure spotify:// works as a 'launch web page/other app' action, and I believe you can also specify the artist / track etc as parameters

jimg123

Post by jimg123 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:25 pm

thanks for the reply but spotify:// dosnt seem to work for me.
is ther any other url for spotify i can try or am i doing something wrong,
thanks jim

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:22 pm

spotify:// works for me as a 'launch web page / other app' action. What happens if you launch Safari and put in:

spotify://

as the address and press enter? I presume the spotify app runs fine on your iOS device?

jimg123

Post by jimg123 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:35 pm

im obviously doing something wrong somewhere,
ive created a button callled spotify and in the action editor ive selected launch web page /app and in the web app section ive typed spotify:// then selected add.
do i need to create a page with a web view as well?
thanks for your help .jim

cv27

Post by cv27 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Be sure you have the correct spelling, no spaces (or else your button will click with no apparent result).

Make sure the DemoPad download completes successfully (you do see "...downloading...", right?) and that you have the same project file name specified at both ends.

P.S. No, you don't need a Web view as well. As a matter of fact, I tried using a Web view and here's what happens for me. Once the project loads, the Spotify application loads an displays, but not within my Web view area: it takes the whole screen. If I switch to DemoPad, the Web view will be all white.

jimg123

Post by jimg123 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:12 pm

hi cv27
the only way i can get it to work is within a web view,
is this the correct way like in my previous post.
(ive created a button callled spotify and in the action editor ive selected launch web page /app and in the web app section ive typed spotify:// then selected add.)
the downloads ok as ive change a few things in my project file and they all work ok.
thanks jim

cv27

Post by cv27 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:10 am

jimg123 wrote:hi cv27
the only way i can get it to work is within a web view,
is this the correct way like in my previous post.
(ive created a button callled spotify and in the action editor ive selected launch web page /app and in the web app section ive typed spotify:// then selected add.)
the downloads ok as ive change a few things in my project file and they all work ok.
thanks jim
Note that a "Web view" approach is different than an "action to launch a Web page". A "Web view" is another DemoPad object that will bring the app contents into that window, within the context of DemoPad; it's like having a Web browser as an object within DemoPad.

An "action to launch a Web page" simply starts another application, outside of DemoPad.

So, to launch Spotify, you simply need a button on one of your pages that has an "action to launch a Web page", where you would specify "spotify://" as a parameter.

Billk

Post by Billk » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 am

Hello
I hope its oK to comemnt on this post.
I am very new at this and self teaching.
I am finding that regardless of how I execute Spotify be it a "Web view" approach or a"action to launch a Web page" Spotify opens as a seperate app and not in a subpage of the project? am i doing something wrong?