Export commands?

Forum to ask for any help
rrehart

Export commands?

Post by rrehart » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 pm

I have a project with A LOT of defined numbers that pull from my ISY via HTTP/REST commands. For instance, I have 15 dimmers to control, each with 20 commands to set the gauges. That alone is 300 lines to update.

Unfortunately, because of a potential security breech, I've had to change the password to the ISY. Now, I have to go in and change EVERY URL to update the password.

Question is; is there a way to 'export' all of the number definitions to say a text or CSV file so that I can 'bulk edit' the commands? Barring that, is there a way to 'bulk edit' within the application?

Any help is appreciated.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Export commands?

Post by DemoPad » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:56 am

Are your commands 'entered manually' / 'send data to website' or stored in pre-defined commands? In pre-defined commands there is a Find/Replace function...

rrehart

Post by rrehart » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Both. But the manual ones (associated to buttons), and the ones in my 'numbers' definitions are what I am interested in bulk changing.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:58 am

There is no easy way to bulk change 'send data to website' or 'entered manually' commands I'm afraid. But pre-defined commands, whether they are called from within numbers or anywhere else, can be changed in the pre-defined commands window.