Screen Saver

Forum to ask for any help
starwarsmike

Screen Saver

Post by starwarsmike » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi

I have created a Screen-Saver on my home page, using Demopads Equalizer Graphics. Using Flags & Number Variable the whole set of graphics turn off/on at high speed, making it look like an equalizer. All works great...

However..........

When my project starts, screen-savers starts, if I want to stop the screen-saver I just the touch or swipe, It turns off. Now to turn it back on, I have set-up, a repeat of 30 seconds on my sub page flag, with a depends page flag off. this is effectively turning the screen-saver on every 30 seconds. The problem is...when to i go another page, which has the same screen-saver (I am using the same number variable & flags for each page, everything slows right down to super slow speed, its like the Home page screen-saver is still running, but i'm on another page, with its screen-saver running. I would of thought when you switch page all previous page flags/screen-saver should go off and stay off.

Demopad, is the problem that i am using the same flags & number variable for 2 different pages?

Thanks

Michael

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Screen Saver

Post by DemoPad » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Difficult to say without seeing your project, there should be no problem using the same flags/numbers - any page load actions should not be called when you leave the page.

Are you using a subpage for the actual graphic display UI elements?

Might be best if you send in your project to support for them to take a look & duplicate.

There is a known issue in the current version of the app that occasionally causes page load actions on the home page to be called twice, so it might be that actions on the home page are being called twice as often as you think they are, which would account for them being slower on other pages maybe?

starwarsmike

Re: Screen Saver

Post by starwarsmike » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Yes using sub page,

There is not an issue, if i start screensaver on my home page, it runs all the time at the correct speed, I move to other pages and back to home page it still works, it's only when I go to my other page with the screen saver, and back to home page it all goes slow....

I will email project to Demopad