Telnet ClearOne

Forum to ask for any help
runnerz

Telnet ClearOne

Post by runnerz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:22 am

Anyone here that can somehow explain how to configure a telnet session. I have set up an ClearOne Interact AT sound Matrix Controller. Currently we are controlling this via AMX NI-700, but we are on lookout for new smart systems such as this seems to be.

The Device is set up With IP adress and i am able to telnet it from Windows using port 23. There is a password and username prompt at first when Connection is established.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Telnet ClearOne

Post by DemoPad » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:11 am

You can use the 'initial command' property for the device (expanded device options) to send username/password information to initially log in. That command is sent whenever a new connection is established to the device.

runnerz

Post by runnerz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Thank you for Your answer.

But im sorry to say i had no success With this. Using Hercules Terminal i can Connect to this Device by using port 23, then enter username and password. Then i am able to Control the Device.

But when using Demopad nothing happens when i try inserting username and password in the initial command.

This is how i'm trying to Connect: <IPaddress> port 23. Generic IP Device.

.Command Suffix: \x0D\x0A
.Initial Command: username,password
.Command: #J0 MUTE 1 M 1 (This mutes mic 1 on Matrix)

Here is an example from Netlinx studio AMX, where we are able to Connect to the Device.

NG:
{
if (find_string(stringFromClearOne ,'user:',1)) {
isConnected = 2
remove_string(stringFromClearOne,'user:',1)
send_string dvClearone, "'clearone',$0A,$0D"
}
else if (find_string(stringFromClearOne ,'pass:',1)) {
isConnected = 3
remove_string(stringFromClearOne,'pass:',1)
send_string dvClearone, "'interact',$0A,$0D"
}
else if (find_string(stringFromClearOne ,'Authenticated',1)) {
isConnected = 1

Thanks for any help :-)

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:48 pm

It looks like the username and password need to be sent with carriage return / line feeds, so your initial command should be:

username\x0A\x0Dpassword

instead of

username,password

ie

clearone\x0A\x0Dinteract

Try that. If it still fails, you may need to deal with the connection manually, using the connect to device command, followed by sending the username, then the password with a delay. It is a little odd that your code looks to be sending newline followed by carriage return, \x0A\x0D, usually devices expect the other way round: \x0D\x0A - you might need to change your default command suffix

runnerz

Post by runnerz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Thank you!

I was still not successful trying to Connect using this. How do you mean i shall use the Connect to Device command?

We are controlling this by RS232 at the moment and here is the linefeed/CR set as default.

Here is a copy of a successful login in Hercules Hyperterminal.:

Connecting to 10.0.0.4 ...
Connected to 10.0.0.4
#CR#LF**************#CR#LFTelnet Server#CR#LF**************#CR#LF#CR#LFuser: clearone#CR#LFpass: interact#CR#LF#CR#LFAuthenticated.#CR#LFText Mode Engaged#CR#LF

Thank you for Your help
Stig Rune
Meetcon AS

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:05 pm

This one is probably best handled at support@demopad.com - if you can port forward & allow us remote access we'll send you a sample working project. The 'connect to device' is an action type - you can, with a button, or when the app loads, do the following actions:

1. Connect to the device
2. Send the username, after a 1.0 second delay
3. Send the password, after a further 1.0 second delay

etc

runnerz

Post by runnerz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:39 am

Thank you very much!

It worked by sending the username and password when the app loads! It did not at first, but when i checked the "Maintain Connection" it worked Perfect.

Thank you for good help.

Stig Rune
Meetcon AS