lighting

Forum to ask for any help
studsy26

lighting

Post by studsy26 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 am

Hi there i would be very grateful if anyone has any knowledge or could point me in the right direction on a couple of question i have. I have just recently purchased demopad and started to establish av control, now im looking to integrate lighting control. I am currently looking at a lighting system that works over a wifi signal but on the demopad website it isn't listed. My questions are can demopad sent commands to the wifi lighting system control unit? If so is there any way i can find out what the commands are so i am able to insert them into demopad? As you can probably tell my knowledge is very small in this area so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Re: lighting

Post by Andy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:20 am

Look at the Rako wi-fi lighting system, you will need just one rako bridge to control the whole house wi-fi lighting system with Demopad.
But you will need controllers for each lighting system and keypads. It can work out to £250+ per room plus the cost of the bridge but its a great system.
Hope it helps

Andy

dansonamission

Post by dansonamission » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 am

Look at lightwaveRF or Siemens RF in B&Q, its the same thing.

Control box £70, single gang dimmer £25, works great from my iphone and ipad using demopad, works with sliders too!

Only downside, it doesnt have feed back but if your in the room you can see if the light is on :)

studsy26

Post by studsy26 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks for the replies, I've had a brief look at lightwave rf but i didnt know if would work, was it easy to set up? With the feed back issue could you not somehow put a flag on it?

Thanks again

dansonamission

Post by dansonamission » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm

You can use flags in demopad for it, ie turn the light off with a button and also put the slider/gauge to 0. But if you we're to turn the light off manually using the wall switch or another remote, the slider/gauge would not move.

kasmonkey

Post by kasmonkey » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:16 am

dansonamission wrote:Look at lightwaveRF or Siemens RF in B&Q, its the same thing.

Control box £70, single gang dimmer £25, works great from my iphone and ipad using demopad, works with sliders too!

Only downside, it doesnt have feed back but if your in the room you can see if the light is on :)

Hi, What does the command set look like ? or a link would be appreciated please ? Im just looking into an X10 alternative with a little more reliability than going through my power mains. :)
Id get the Rako if I had more funds

dansonamission

Post by dansonamission » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 am

This will give you a little heads up.

http://blog.networkedsolutions.co.uk/?p=149

or if you drop me a message with your email address I'll send you a sample project.

Dan

kasmonkey

Post by kasmonkey » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 pm

tytherman

Post by tytherman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:51 pm

I am also very interested in this and was wondering what was needed to get the control in demopad? The article refers to using PHP is this still required or can demopad send the signals directly?

I would be very interested if you have a sample project.

PS have you used the heating side or just the lights?

hawkstringer

Post by hawkstringer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:27 pm

tytherman wrote:I am also very interested in this and was wondering what was needed to get the control in demopad? The article refers to using PHP is this still required or can demopad send the signals directly?

I would be very interested if you have a sample project.

PS have you used the heating side or just the lights?
I have also reviewed the same PHP code. And also found another useful link just incase anyone else wants some info.

http://www.dbzoo.com/livebox/universalr ... e_cfl_bulb

Its got some good info on a few different products and a little bit of RF in general.

But.......Would it be possible to attach a sample project please for lightwave RF control, and if possible RFXComm.

Thanks all.