SKY HD EPG

Forum to ask for any help
vicwoodcraft

SKY HD EPG

Post by vicwoodcraft » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi Demopad
Can you confirm how you have both the SKY EPG & Video preview through the Demopad GUI
Thanks
Vic

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: SKY HD EPG

Post by DemoPad » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:31 am

Using an IP camera server - the example video used an Aviosys 9100A unit, which takes 4 composite video signals in & generates a JPG image on the network. You then set up the app to refresh that image at a given rate & apply it to a button/image object on the GUI. We took the scart output of a sky box to demonstrate this, but it works equally well with CCTV camera feeds etc.

ChrisB75

Post by ChrisB75 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi, I'm excited at receiving an Avisoys 9100a to display my sky planner as per Demopad's example :D I'd be very grateful if Demopad or someone could give me a step by step explanation of how to do this please. I have read the Sky HD EPG post and read the manual and whilst I get the basics I'm still a little confused!? :? I've done very little with dynamic labels yet so whilst I understand giving a label the IP address of the server as the default value, when you say apply it to an image, this is where I come unstuck - is there a suitable image in the user image directory that's suitable and if so, which one? Also, what is the difference between the suggested methods - this way using a dynamic label or through web-view and is either preferable? I guess it depends what you want to do. By the way, nice new images Demopad with the most recent software update, though I couldn't help but laugh at the 'Dining Room' one - was this based on someone's grans dining room? :lol: Sorry, don't mean to be rude and hope I haven't offended anyone :oops:
Anyway, any help with the above would be much appreciated, thanks.... :)

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue May 21, 2013 7:57 pm

You assign the label to the image using the left most image menu (expanded), and set a refresh rate. As for the 'default' image that you originally put on your project, suggest using the transparent10x10.png image, in the free graphics - buttons directory, that way it doesn't show up at all. You'll need to resize it on your project, as the image is tiny.

It doesn't really matter which image you use though, as straight away it will be replaced with the 9100A image.

We recommend you use the dynamic label approach for the 9100A, as you can browse directly to an image. Most IP camera servers don't allow you to do this, which is when you have to use a webview.

ChrisB75

Post by ChrisB75 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Wow, that was quick! Thanks very much, I do believe I've got it! :lol: Cheers :D

ChrisB75

Post by ChrisB75 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:31 pm

I got my aviosys and seems to be working fine, thanks again for the info :D One thing I've noticed though is that live video shows well and smoothly for the first second or so then becomes quite juttery!? I've played around with refresh rates and aviosys settings but this still happens - any thoughts please? This also happens outside of Demopad on the iPad, eg when accessing on browser using ipaddress/GetData.cgi so I don't think it's to do with Demopad. I also got a new router/modem that supports both 2.4 and 5gHz and the wi-fi strength is fine. Also tried changing a few settings but as the live video is smooth on my laptop without any 'jutters' I'm thinking it's more to do with the iPad - only 1st gen so possibly it's to do with processing power?
I can't get any picture whatsoever using the aviosys on Demopad on my iPhone 5 which seems very strange!? Doesn't really matter as I'm mainly using the iPad but thought it was odd.

gimbers

Post by gimbers » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 am

Hello All,

Just thinking about incorporating a n Avisoys 9100a into my projects. One question:

Is it possible to address a particular one of the four inputs on the Avisoys 9100a? So on the Sky page you have a window with the Sky GUI, on the Virgin page you have the Virgin GUI etc..? Something appended to the IP address? Or four different dynamic labels?

Many thanks,
gimbers

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:53 pm

The same dynamic label, but use the attached commands to switch which input is used
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kmullen

Post by kmullen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:17 am

Hi i am having a bit of trouble getting my 9100a to switch between channels. I`ve used the above commands but cant get any joy, should i be using a certain port or is the default ok and should the udp be ticked?

Any help would be great

Thanks

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:54 am

The default port of the 9100A is 80, don't tick UDP, and tick 'disconnect after each command' - those are settings we used successfully