Demopad full app behaving differently from lite.

Forum to ask for any help
Helipilot

Demopad full app behaving differently from lite.

Post by Helipilot » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:29 pm

I have been using demopad lite to create my system for a few months and recently purchased the full app to operate my devices.

I configure my iPad so that it does not auto lock but the cover lock is active.

When using the lite app I can close the cover and the app continues to run. When I open the cover demopad is running and I continue from where I left off.

When I upload my system to the full app it behaves differently. Now when I close the cover the app stops. When I open the cover I now have to restart the app before I continue.

This is inconvenient as I track the status of all my devices as the system runs. When the app restarts it assumes that all devices are switched off so my status page is now inaccurate.

As I use demopad in a completely dark cinema I do not want the iPad generating light pollution. I have used demopad designer to implement a black screen after 30 seconds. This still generates some light but allows me to use the iPad as a remote immediately when required.

Is there an extra control in the full app that I have missed ?

Alan

Idealhomes

Re: Demopad full app behaving differently from lite.

Post by Idealhomes » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 am

On your iPad, open the "settings" icon and then the Demopad icon in the Apps area at the bottom left. Make sure in the General Settings that "Multitasking" is switched ON and "Remember Last Page" is switched ON, then go to Project Setup and turn "Reload next time?" to OFF, also "Reload images" to OFF and your problems will be fixed :mrgreen:
"Setting the Standard in Quality and Commitment"

Helipilot

Post by Helipilot » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Idealhomes wrote:On your iPad, open the "settings" icon and then the Demopad icon in the Apps area at the bottom left. Make sure in the General Settings that "Multitasking" is switched ON and "Remember Last Page" is switched ON, then go to Project Setup and turn "Reload next time?" to OFF, also "Reload images" to OFF and your problems will be fixed :mrgreen:

Thanks, that did the trick

Alan

Idealhomes

Post by Idealhomes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:28 am

Helipilot wrote:Thanks, that did the trick

Alan
Excellent Alan, glad to help ;) :D
"Setting the Standard in Quality and Commitment"