Handling feedback twice

Forum to ask for any help
neilalford

Handling feedback twice

Post by neilalford » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:50 pm

I've been playing around with two way feedback and regular expressions, to try and control the media player function on my amp (Denon 4311) and I've encountered an issue. So just wondering if there's a workaround or if not, whether it's something that might be dealt with in a future version of the software.

Basically the amp returns about ten lines of data, which make up a track listing, but there is a byte of information before the text of the track/album name which uses a bit pattern to indicate various data about that line, such as whether it is an album or song and whether it is the currently selected line. The format is NSE[line number][bitfield][Text data]. I have got Demopad set up to display the text data for each line using a regular expression and I've also got it set up using a standard feedback match to get the data stored in the bitfield, by working out the hex value for each combination of flags and comparing against that value, then setting Demopad flags to match the data in the bitfield I.e. "if feedback matches NSE1\0A set flags CursorLine1 to on and DirectoryLine1 to on etc.

Both of these seem to work separately but the problem is that when using them together, the text of the line with the cursor on is not being updated correctly. I believe this is because Demopad is matching the feedback against the condition I'm using to spot the bitfield and then not checking it against any further conditions, so it never uses the regular expression to get the text.

So, firstly, does this seem likely to be the case and secondly, is there anything I can do to get round it?

neilalford

Re: Handling feedback twice

Post by neilalford » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Actually, seems like I may have been wrong, seems to work correctly for track listings, it's just when other items are being listed that it doesn't work correctly. So seems like my setup just needs some tweaking!

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Handling feedback twice

Post by DemoPad » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:28 pm

All the feedback rules should be checked for each piece of incoming data, it does not stop once it finds a match...let us know if you still need any help, but sounds like you are on top of it...