asterisk voicmail integration...is it possible

Forum to ask for any help
tytherman

asterisk voicmail integration...is it possible

Post by tytherman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 am

HI I was wondering if anyone had tried to integrate a home voicemail system into demopad?

I have an asterisk server running on a virtual pc at home and would love to get an alert in demopad that there are messages and access them, but I have googled and cant find anything....anyone know if this is even achievable?

bob3695

Re: asterisk voicmail integration...is it possible

Post by bob3695 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:06 pm

I am not familiar with asterisk voicemail but a quick google search brought me to here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+manager+API

That makes me believe that it is possible but might prove to be something that can't be done straight in DemoPad but rather you might need an intermediary web server that does the heavy lifting and sends the information on over to DemoPad in a clean readable form.

tytherman

Post by tytherman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Is demopad doing any work with a server back end? It strikes me that the real winners in this space are going to be the ones that can manage everything at a the backend and provide a nice (demopad is a great example of ) customizable front end app. I have used Promixis Girder for several years to do a lot of the backend stuff, but they lost their way a few years ago, although I note that they are promissing a v6 shortly which may actually do a lot of the back end.

Maybe Demopad and Promixis should collaborate as I would certainly pay more for a more functional system that I didnt have to spend hours trying to master, only to find bits they all cant do.

ps not dissing Demopad at all, I only stared playing last week and I have it completely set up in the tv room, just now want to widen the project.

Just a thought! :D

bob3695

Post by bob3695 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm

I can't speak for DemoPad as to if they are working on some server side backend but I am! :D Once it is to a suitable state I plan on open sourcing it. Obviously it will only do things that I need it for at first but once I get it rolling, the possibilities are endless of what it could help DemoPad do.

tytherman

Post by tytherman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 am

I will look forward to that then! I am also keen to see if the following can be integrated:

Www.lightwaverf.com

:D

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 am

Lightwave RF can be integrated now:

http://www.demopad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=292

tytherman

Post by tytherman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:00 pm

thanks but I am not sure what benefit there would be without 2 way feedback? Perhaps there is now but this post says not. I currently have x10 and I can turn on and off, but I have no idea of the state of it, and to be honest I had that feature programmed on my harmony remote control. The benefit of demopad is the 2 way feedback.

thanks