Image - Dynamic Label

Forum to ask for any help
bob3695

Image - Dynamic Label

Post by bob3695 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:23 am

Hello again!

Back with another small issue. I am pulling information about whats playing now from my Apple TV which returns the following XML (as a sample):

Code: Select all

<nowplaying>
<backDropURL>
http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/zCibMaYNkS0JhOZaQXtYWImv8nt.jpg
</backDropURL>
<type>video</type>
<genre>Crime, Drama, Mystery, Suspense, Thriller</genre>
<tagline>
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets which one is real.
</tagline>
<released>1996-04-03</released>
<credits>
<cast>
<person job="Actor" name="Richard Gere"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Laura Linney"/>
<person job="Actor" name="John Mahoney"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Frances McDormand"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Terry O'Quinn"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Andre Braugher"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Steven Bauer"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Joe Spano"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Tony Plana"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Alfre Woodard"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Maura Tierney"/>
<person job="Actor" name="Edward Norton"/>
<person job="Director" name="Gregory Hoblit"/>
<person job="Producer" name=""/>
</cast>
</credits>
<coverArtURL>
http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/w500/jaDUxqDju6zqoADVKvZo2OunoRC.jpg
</coverArtURL>
<certification>R</certification>
<overview>
An arrogant, high-powered attorney takes on the case of a poor altar boy found running away from the scene of the grisly murder of the bishop who has taken him in. The case gets a lot more complex when the accused reveals that there may or may not have been a 3rd person in the room. The intensity builds when a surprise twist alters everyone's perception of the crime and what happens next...
</overview>
<runtime>96</runtime>
<name>Primal Fear</name>
</nowplaying>
Now, I am trying to pull 2 items, the name and the cover art URL. Now I am successfully pulling both right now, confirmed with Hercules. The name is showing up in my text without issue, its the cover art that is giving me issues...but an odd issue.

First thing I tried was to manually take the URL, set it as the starting value of the dynamic label and hooked the image up to the dynamic label. The image pulled no problem! So off to a good start...

Next I had the dynamic label updated by the feedback...not so good. The image never appeared. I even set the "Refresh Every" setting to try and see if that was it, still, no dice.

My next though was the URL was coming in mal-formed...pulled the URL DemoPad was getting from Hercules and dropped it in a browser and the image comes up without any issue. So next step was to have a Web View point to that dynamic label...and the image shows up!

So to sum up: Information is correct, an image does not display it when I update the dynamic label but does if I put it in as the starting value of the dynamic label, web view shows it in both situations.

Why is this? I would really like to use the image control instead of the web view because the web view doesn't resize the image...

Thanks

bob3695

Re: Image - Dynamic Label

Post by bob3695 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:55 am

After reading through the forum I think the issue defined in this post (near the end):

http://demopad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1916

might be my issue. Any ideas on when this might be ready as I see I am currently on 1.4.1 and it says its fixed in 1.4.2?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 am

1.4.2 will be submitted at some point next week, we are just completing testing. If you email support@demopad.com with your device UDID they will be able to provide you with version 1.4.2 of the app to use now - to confirm the problem is solved.

bob3695

Post by bob3695 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

I got the beta version from support, dropped it on my iPad and suddenly the dynamic labels work like a dream. Very pleased with this update so far :D Thanks for the help!