silly question on editing buttons

Forum to ask for any help
tytherman

silly question on editing buttons

Post by tytherman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 am

I would like to add an image to the standard button in graphics set 1, but I can open the files in paint.

bob3695

Re: silly question on editing buttons

Post by bob3695 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:16 pm

You will want something more then paint. The last I remember paint didn't support transparency so you won't be able to do rounded corners or anything nicely. You probably will want to use photoshop or it's free alternative GIMP. Although of you never used those there is a learning curve to be able to do even some of the simplest things.

tytherman

Post by tytherman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:15 pm

I have tried photoshop but it wont recognise the format of DCI files?

I really just want to take the stock Grey on/off button in set 1 and put an image of say the onkyo amp or ps3 controller inside the button, I have done it a really manual way meaning just putting the image over the button, but I just want to "group them" and save for later use.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 pm

DCI files are encrypted DemoPad image files - you cannot open them up in any software, other than our designer software.

If there is something specific you want to add to the set, let us know & we will consider including it. If not, you will need to create your own images from scratch with paintshop etc.