Started one day ago and already stumped!

Forum to ask for any help
tytherman

Started one day ago and already stumped!

Post by tytherman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:16 pm

I have downloaded the graphics pack 1 along with the app for my ipad, and whilst I have pretty much got everything working via ip (Girder + Onkyo) what I am strugglng with is the silly things!

I wanted to make the bar at the bottom on the graphic set 1 bigger and replace the text boxes with Source icons (Satelite + XBMC + PS3 + Xbox 360) as I only want one room but like the layout. here are my questions:

Q1 I cannot seem to make the bar any bigger in order to accomodate icons?
Q2 I deleted room 3 and now added it back but cannot find how to show the highlighted image when it is selected - I can highlight when pressed but then it goes back to the original.
Q3 how can I use a dynamic lable to show in the top right of the AV Right sub what Source is selected?

that would be a great start - and I have been looking for an app like this as I was about to swap my harmony 895 for a harmony touch!

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Started one day ago and already stumped!

Post by DemoPad » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Q1 I cannot seem to make the bar any bigger in order to accomodate icons?
You can stretch any object in the GUI by moving your mouse to the bottom right corner so the mouse icon changes, then click and drag. Bear in mind the object might be a subpage, so be sure to alter the subpage contents.
Q2 I deleted room 3 and now added it back but cannot find how to show the highlighted image when it is selected - I can highlight when pressed but then it goes back to the original.
You need to choose the highlight flag - there will be a flag called 'room3' in the project. The default is to have 'None' as the highlight flag - the option is just above the 'highlight when pressed' option.
Q3 how can I use a dynamic lable to show in the top right of the AV Right sub what Source is selected?
Create a new label in the software, called 'CurrentSource' or something, give it a default value of a space character (or something). Then on each button which selects a source, add an action: set a label, and in the data field fill in the text you want to display. Then just add a text object, or button to the GUI, and go to the text menu & choose the dynamic label you created. Whenever the dynamic label changes (when you press a source button), the GUI object will update itself automatically.

tytherman

Post by tytherman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:20 pm

OK sort of worked them all out bar q1 but dont need that one any more.

Q3 though I am sure there is an easier way of doing what I want to do, I have put 4 images on top of each, each with a flag, so they show correctly, the only thing is it is messy to put all 4 icons on top of each other.

Now the next problem is more tricky and I am looking all over for it...... 2 way feedback for the following items:

Onkyo NR515 reciever via IP
Optoma GL750 projector via Rs232
XBMC to show "now playing etc"

thanks

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 pm

If you email support@demopad.com they'll be able to send you a sample project for XBMC feedback, and assist you with 2-way feedback in general.

One obstacle is that the Onkyo reports back volume in hexadecimal, rather than text, so the generic feedback routine doesn't really help you, you have to revert to specific responses if you want to display the volume on a gauge etc. It is all still possible though...

tytherman

Post by tytherman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:49 pm

great thanks!

one last question is it possible for one ipad to recieve feedback when another has been used? the specifics of this are if I use my ipad to turn on the Av equipment then want to use my iphone or my wifes ipad will they be able to see the current status?

thanks again for you prompt help esp this time of year!!

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am

It depends on whether the device in question can accept multiple client connections. For example, if using an iTach IP2SL device for control over RS232, up to 4 iPads can connect to that unit at the same time & receive information back...so yes

tytherman

Post by tytherman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 am

If I use promixis girder on a host cp to monitor devices would this then allow multiple connections?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:01 pm

I don't see why not, if you establish a connection with Girder from each iPad, it should be able to pass state information between devices. We have little experience with Girder though, so cannot really advise further.