Disable timeout

Forum to ask for any help
chjones

Disable timeout

Post by chjones » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 am

I may have missed this but...

Is it possible to disable screen lock/timeout while demopad is running so that you don't have to wake the iPad each time you need to use the remote? Ex. I use a TiVo and every time a commercial comes on, I have to press home to wake up the iPad, then swipe then reactivate demopad before I can get to the remote. I have changed the global timeout but that ends up eating my battery. I want to force the iPad to remain active on demopad or, even better, let it time out but force it to relaunch demopad when home is pressed after timeout.

Thoughts?

Chj

Idealhomes

Re: Disable timeout

Post by Idealhomes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 am

Have you turned "Multitasking" on? and also "Remember Last Page", these should keep you in Demopad when you wake swipe back into your iPad.

I hope this is what you need ;)
"Setting the Standard in Quality and Commitment"

d_hero

Re: Disable timeout

Post by d_hero » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:34 am

turn guided access on. Without Jailbreaking i think this is the best option. It dims the screen after a short period of time, eventually the screen does go off totally, but when you press the home button you dont have to swipe to unlock, it goes straight back to the app on the page you were last on. Also you cant accidentally exit the app as the home button gets disabled.

BTW Guided access is available only in ios 6+