XBMC IP Commands

Forum to ask for any help
d_hero

XBMC IP Commands

Post by d_hero » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:54 am

Hi guys

Got gestures working well now, and ive managed to create an XBMC activity that turns on the PC via wake on lan which is brilliant but for the life of me I cannot get it to control XBMC via IP. I've added a device with the IP address of the box, set the port correctly, turned on all relevant setting on the XBMC machine itself but still nothing. When I put a web view on the page I can get the web remote coming down which means its seeing it over the network, but not for control purposes. Im using the commands supplied on this forum. I'd like to use the JSON commands if possible but i know even less about them.

Can you help me to get it working?

Thanks

trevorst

Re: XBMC IP Commands

Post by trevorst » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:47 pm

To use JSON on an XBMC set it up as a Generic IP device on port 9090.
I plan on loading a completed JSON file into the File sharing area when get I it completed, until then I have attached my partial.

**file removed by admin - updated file below**

d_hero

Post by d_hero » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:04 am

trevorst - You sir are a genius! Works perfectly although ive only checked a few commands, but will look forward to the full set of commands, thanks so much!

d_hero

Post by d_hero » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:13 am

quick question - some of your commands are like this:

1) POST \sonrpc?{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.Quit","id":1}
2) POST \jsonrpc?{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.Home","id":1}
3) jsonrpc?{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.Clean","id":1}

1) and 2) are similar except 2) has a "j" on the front of the first jsonrpc whereas 1) does not. Others have the first "j" missing too. Is that intentional?

Also 3) doesnt have the POST \ in front, is that required for some and not for others?

Thanks

trevorst

Post by trevorst » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Sorry about that I sent my test file by mistake.
I was trying various formats before Thanksgiving , it was a good Thanksgiving :D

The correct method is # 3:
jsonrpc?{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.Clean","id":1}

New DCI file attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.