TV Trouble

Forum to ask for any help
karenlee

TV Trouble

Post by karenlee » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 am

Hi

I've just purchased the DemoPad, and successfully set up a Sonos controller.

I am really struggling with my TV, though. I have downloaded and installed the dc1 package of Samsung codes, but can't get anything to work. Can anyone confirm what the settings under Device Properties should read (port etc), and also does anyone know if the Samsung codes are up to date - I have a UE32ES6800 model.

(I was able to control the TV via OpenRemote, so I have the right IP address, just not sure about the rest of the settings).

Thanks in advance.

Karen

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: TV Trouble

Post by DemoPad » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 am

The dc1 file you downloaded will most likely contain Global Cache 'sendir' infra red commands, for use with an iTach IP2IR - is this what you are using to control the TV via infra red?

karenlee

Post by karenlee » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Hmm no - I understand better now, after poking around for a bit. I need Samsung IP codes, does anyone have them?

Not sure how/why OpenRemote worked so easily without any kind of extra hardware - I just plugged in the TV IP address and could happily control the TV with no further fuss. I've done a lot of Googling but haven't found any codes I plug in to manipulate the TV (without having to use the IR) via DemoPad.

trevorst

Post by trevorst » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:57 pm

Check out this link and see if it helps.
http://deneb.homedns.org/things/?p=232
Also found a raw list of key commands on the open remote site.
I don't have a Samsung so I can't help any further.

karenlee

Post by karenlee » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks for the reply - we're looking into that python code now, seeing if we can reverse engineer something.

AKWillows

Post by AKWillows » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:01 pm

karenlee wrote:Thanks for the reply - we're looking into that python code now, seeing if we can reverse engineer something.
Hi - I know this is a very old post - but just wondered if you had managed to get this working in Demopad?

trevorst

Post by trevorst » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:46 pm

AKWillows wrote:
karenlee wrote:Thanks for the reply - we're looking into that python code now, seeing if we can reverse engineer something.
Hi - I know this is a very old post - but just wondered if you had managed to get this working in Demopad?
See answer to your other post.