Mac OS Design Software

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
Andy

Mac OS Design Software

Post by Andy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 am

Apart from my HTPC I solely use Mac's. Are you looking at a Mac version of the Design software or is it always going to be windows based. It would be great to delete bootcamp from my Mac's as Demopad designer is the only reason I need it.

Andy

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS Design Software

Post by DemoPad » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:38 am

Possibly, but not in the 'near' future. The reason we went with Windows for the designer software was to reach the maximum number of Av Professionals out there - the vast majority have to use windows because of other software specific to the AV industry which is only available on that platform.

I don't want to start a discussion here about the merits of porting it to Mac - if we had unlimited resources we would do, but for now we are focusing our efforts on making improvements in other areas....

Andy

Post by Andy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks for a good explanation, hopefully in the future maybe. Keep up the good work.

Andy

jk330ci

Post by jk330ci » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:42 pm

+1 for the mac software. Hate my windows laptop, been using mac os for years. People are moving over to macs with the growing poularity of ipads and iphones.

customised

Post by customised » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Put me on the waiting list for the Mac software release. I have training on DemoPad booked and I am having to dust off an ancient Windows XP laptop. Not cool.

Helicopter

Post by Helicopter » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Just registered to voice my opinion of how unprofessional you are only designing the software for windows. What about the point of being all mac. And the point the software you sell on the App Store is for an iOS device. I think you are unprofessional and lazy. Now I've said that I feel better. Holding breath for mac software :)

Ps. At the moment your software it's like writing a book in Chinese for the English speaking market

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Please read our post above.
The reason we went with Windows for the designer software was to reach the maximum number of AV Professionals out there - the vast majority have to use windows because of other software specific to the AV industry which is only available on that platform.
If we went the other route & designed the software to run on Macs, users who own Macs and want to design their own systems would obviously benefit, however the vast majority of DemoPad projects are designed by 3rd party professional AV companies. The end users of those systems may or may not own Macs, but they never need to download or use the designer software anyway.

If you believe we have not written the software for Macs because we are 'lazy & unprofessional', you are mistaken. Please don't hold your breath for the mac software, it will not be available anytime soon. We have several other things in the pipeline which we are busy working on....

trevorst

Post by trevorst » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 am

Thank You !!!
We don't need anything else contolled by the evil Apple Empire, bad enough we use their tablets and phones. :o

RedwingSystems

Post by RedwingSystems » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:03 am

We are custom installers and have started using DemoPad on number of projects.

To call these guys unprofessional is outrageous. Whenever I contact them for support they are on the ball and responding to questions very quickly. Their software is getting better and better.

I have a MacBook Pro and love it but the thought of taking to site to complete projects would be mad.

They have their reasons for using windows. Enhancements to the user interface and what can be controlled is far more important than cross platform compatibility.

Keep up the great work DemoPad

wwat

Post by wwat » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Totally agree, Demopad are doing a fantastic job with the software. Very responsive whenever I have a question or suggestion. For the designer, I really have no preference Windows PC or Mac I don't care, I prefer they concentrate their efforts on improvements and new features.

Looks like a drive by shot by one of those Mac fan boys sitting in his moms basement. A single negative post that is very disingenuous.

cv27

Post by cv27 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:33 pm

I always wonder what is the level of maturity of individuals that make judgements and post emotional comments (lazy and unprofessional). I guess that's the price of freedom of speech on the Internet. So the image of a "Mac fan boy sitting in his moms basement" might be a good one 8-)

Seing the topic is "... Design software", can DemoPad support throw any date on the release of the next version? Will there be a corresponding version for the run time on the Idevice?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 pm

The next version of the PC software will be released the week commencing 4th Feb, version 1.4.2 of the app will be released shortly after that, but there are features in the designer software that don't require the app update to use. Re-ordering of button actions lists, undo operation, lock to portrait/landscape are among the updates, plus some new manufacturer drivers that will be announced at ISE Europe next week.

Fulltopuk

Post by Fulltopuk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:19 am

What happened to the announcement, did I miss it?

cv27

Post by cv27 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 pm

DemoPad wrote:The next version of the PC software will be released the week commencing 4th Feb, version 1.4.2 of the app will be released shortly after that...
Are you were looking for a different event?

cv27

Post by cv27 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:59 pm

DemoPad wrote:... plus some new manufacturer drivers that will be announced at ISE Europe next week.
Maybe this is what Fulltopuk was referring to :?:

I looked up ISE2013 but could not find anything related to DemoPad. Was I looking in the right place?