Weather report

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
Greggus44

Weather report

Post by Greggus44 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:04 pm

I've been tasked with brain storming some upgrade options for clients on a big new build project ,so the plan is we have an approved design which we have sold to the development company then after that the clients can come to us and taylor it to suit them allowing it to be as simple or capable as they want,
So far I've had a few ideas I'm working on but one I want to try is a weather page maybe as the screen saver,
I want to display local temp and some forecast details, does anyone know a way this can be accomplished.

The setup has internet access and its linked to a semi commercial bms system but I can add external sensors as there appartments.

So was wondering if there is a way to link to a site or maybe have a small box that does it then we link to that.

Any thoughts

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Weather report

Post by DemoPad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:12 pm

You can use a WebView page object to display a web page, at whatever size you wish

Greggus44

Post by Greggus44 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:09 pm

Amazing thanks

manaman

Post by manaman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 am

I've used https://weatherwidget.io with fairly good results - you can customise elements like text and background to match your app. What I really want to do though is find an online service that I can pull data from into DP and display maybe as a label (maybe a HTTP GET command or something like this?). Haven't found a solution yet but hope to at some point as I'm sure it's possible. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to share!

Greggus44

Post by Greggus44 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Nice cheers

rhett7660

Post by rhett7660 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:39 pm

manaman wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 am
I've used https://weatherwidget.io with fairly good results - you can customise elements like text and background to match your app. What I really want to do though is find an online service that I can pull data from into DP and display maybe as a label (maybe a HTTP GET command or something like this?). Haven't found a solution yet but hope to at some point as I'm sure it's possible. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to share!
Thanks for the link, I was looking for something like this and this looks like it will work perfectly! Will give it a try and again thank you.

manaman

Post by manaman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:32 pm

I've since moved to using https://www.weatherapi.com as it's more sophisticated and has the JSON responses I was looking for, for better customisation. If you want any pointers or to know how I use it feel free to contact me at hassan at unity technology dot co dot uk