New user questions

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
jimim

New user questions

Post by jimim » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:49 pm

I’m trying to get my feet wet here. I have been messing with the builder. Learning as I go.

1. The 2 sets of pro buttons. I can create my remote. When I upload it is when I will be prompted to buy correct? So then the computer program will know I purchased it if I makes changes to this remote? I assume I can load it to the other 5 iPads in my home with the 1 charge? Same Apple ID for all iPads in my home.

2. Code sets. I’m kinda at a loss here. Is thier a built in database? If I bring in my own codes say from global cache via the email they send can I getcthe whole code set in once or do I have to go code by code for each function?

Thanks,

Jim

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: New user questions

Post by DemoPad » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:38 am

jimim wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:49 pm

1. The 2 sets of pro buttons. I can create my remote. When I upload it is when I will be prompted to buy correct? So then the computer program will know I purchased it if I makes changes to this remote? I assume I can load it to the other 5 iPads in my home with the 1 charge? Same Apple ID for all iPads in my home.
The pro graphics purchase only applies to the legacy DemoControlHD app, you should be using the latest CentroControl app, where you can use all our graphics at no additional charge. The only in app purchase for CentroControl is if you are not using our hardware - and yes you can share this purchase across all your devices - the payment is linked to the iTunes account.
jimim wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:49 pm
2. Code sets. I’m kinda at a loss here. Is thier a built in database? If I bring in my own codes say from global cache via the email they send can I getcthe whole code set in once or do I have to go code by code for each function?
There is no inbuilt database, apart from a link to one of Global Cache's. There are however lots of commands on this forum. Also, if you save the email that Global Cache's Tower IR database sends you, then you can import all of them at once as a text file from the pre-defined commands section.

jimim

Re: New user questions

Post by jimim » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:18 pm

also if i want ot use the nuvo sample 3100 file where do i locate them to store and how do i add it as a page in my setup?

thanks