Sony Ir commands for new XBR 4K TV

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
anderdea

Sony Ir commands for new XBR 4K TV

Post by anderdea » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:21 pm

My house took a direct lightning hit in August. A lot of AV damage. One of the items I had to replace was my 10 year old Mits DLP 73” TV. Since I have a Sony 4K projector, (also toast) I saw no need for a 4K TV as the Mits had a great HD image and no motion blur.

One of the new pieces of equipment Is a 4K Sony XBR75X900F TV. I downloaded the Global Cache IR codes but they don’t work. I know there have been issues with Sony IR codes as I ran into them with my projector. Ended up using IP. I tried learning the codes from the remote and the GC learnibg software but nothing took.

Does anyone know where I can find the remote IR codes? My TV is quite a ways away from my router so I don’t want to have to run an Ethernet cable to the TV. I’ve found that I run into intermittent relieve issues when trying to use IP commands when not hard wired (WiFi) so I want to stick to the IR method.

Thanks.

ekkoville

Re: Sony Ir commands for new XBR 4K TV

Post by ekkoville » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:05 pm

The most recent Sony IR codes from this site worked fine for my 75X900E. I run them through GC IP2IR into the IR in jack on the back of the unit.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Can you point me to the commands?
The only dc1 file I found was the Sony IP commands.

Also I’m not quite clear on your statement “ I run them through GC IP2IR into the IR in jack on the back of the unit“. I know my unit has an IR blaster cables but not clear what you meant. I have the IP2IR GC unit also which I am blasting the front of my room with. I would expect that would work once I get the codes working.

I just looked, I also have a remote IR in on the back of the set. Did you use the remote blaster supplied cable? I thought the blaster were only to “send” IR signals to other devices.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks for the help. I tried the discrete on an off and it worked. I’m assumine the rest will work fine.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Can anyone help me?
The Sony dc1 TV commands work but was missing a number of commands I need for my xbr75x900f TV.

I need the following:
- Action Menu
- Apps
- TV
- Input
- Netflix
- Google Play (but don’t absolutely need it)
- The Cursor Arrows aren’t working (I got the down arrow to work but it went down 3 steps. When I changed the repeat to one time, it didn’t work at all)

Thanks.

anderdea

Post by anderdea » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:49 pm

I also have the global cache data base codes. I figured out wat I was doing wrong with those codes so may be able to get the others codes to work also. Still having issues with curses however.