I've counted around 15 versions of Designer since 2.153 that mention "Pro only" features. For those of us enthusiasts deeply involved in automation, several of those "Pro only" features are essential in saving tons of work adjusting our designs.
For home users to get access to Designer Pro, the current monthly cloud fee is relatively expensive (~100$ US/year). Personally, I don't use the cloud and see no advantage of using it for my setup.
I wish DemoPad would consider offering the Pro version of Designer to home users at a reduced subscription fee. Here's my suggestion for a home user version of Designer:
- a subscription fee validated through DemoPad's cloud infrastructure
- validate by embedding the licence key in the project uploaded to the client device so to limit the number of different devices allowed per subscription (3-4 ?)
- a subscription would expire either after 'x' number of years or when introducing major updates
- a low price point (20$ US ?)
- disable activation of the predefined devices in Designer (Amps, HDL, matrices, ert.)
- no project storage in the cloud
- basic email support