Lightwave RF version 2 products

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
starwarsmike

Lightwave RF version 2 products

Post by starwarsmike » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:52 pm

For Lightwave rf fans out there...I believe 3rd of October they are releasing version two of their products which have two way communications.

cv27

Re: Lightwave RF version 2 products

Post by cv27 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Not available in the Americas I presume. Too bad, more competition leads to better (and usually less expensive) products.

@ starwarsmike: always a pleasant surprise to see a posting on this board. It's been dead quiet in the last several months...

AKWillows

Post by AKWillows » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Yes, great to see someone posting! As cv27 says, its been far too quiet on here lately!

I saw the LightwaveRf announcement... unfortunately it won't bring HomeKit support to first generation products (which I have all over my house!). I always suspected this would be the case, due to their lack of two-way feedback, but Lightwave seemed to string people along with it a bit.

I am going to look into setting up Homebridge on another Raspberry PI which is mentioned on the LW forum in order to give the Siri voice control

starwarsmike

Post by starwarsmike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi guys

I did notice it was very quite here........maybe need more technology to keep us going in the world of automation. Only thing I've done in the last year is setup Amazon Alexa via IFTTT on my Centro M!!!

If you feeling like commenting please comment on my iTunes post on help forum

Cheers

Michael

AKWillows

Post by AKWillows » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 am

Just by way of an update, I now have Homebridge working on another Raspberry Pi (re-using the one I purchased to trial the Centro8m during its development) which gives LightwaveRF HomeKit support. So now I can push buttons in the Demopad app when I want to and also speak to Siri when that suits me better!

As I have the whole house kitted out with Lightwave 1st gen, I don't think I will be replacing it all with 2nd gen any time soon!