Demopad - Plans for Android app??

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
Cheesegeezer

Demopad - Plans for Android app??

Post by Cheesegeezer » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:44 am

I've searched the forum for plans on an android app, and surprisingly there are very few questions and no answers.

Is this on your roadmap?
Is it in development?
And the question every dev team hates, when?

It makes sense to have one as end user because these devices are very low cost and would be perfect for a wall mounted solution in every room.

..... Eagerly awaits reply ;)

Idealhomes

Re: Demopad - Plans for Android app??

Post by Idealhomes » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:00 am

You have the Centro-8, the Android App is free when using the Centro, download from.....

[contact support@demopad.com to obtain the address]

Choose 'I have a Centro' option and away you go.
"Setting the Standard in Quality and Commitment"

Cheesegeezer

Post by Cheesegeezer » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:37 am

Idealhomes wrote:You have the Centro-8, the Android App is free when using the Centro, download from.....

[contact support@demopad.com to obtain the address]

Choose 'I have a Centro' option and away you go.
Do i need to download the design software again and select this option as I have no option in the current version i have installed to create Android Interface and transfer to android device

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:25 am

Note that the use of the Android app requires that you are using at least one of our Centro hardware devices in your project.

The Designer software makes no distinction between iOS and Android, just publish to app as you would with iOS, recommend either using the Autosize option to scale the project to the android device, or you can manually alter the canvas size of your project for the device.

A note on using Android - almost all DemoPad deployed projects use iOS - and this is what we recommend. Some users have reported issues with Android, which tend to come down to the device they are using, or network connectivity of the Android operating system. Recommend only using Android when the project is fully tested on the device you are intending to deploy to. The Android app was developed & tested using Samsung & Nexus tablets.

One other point - whilst in the Android app, press and hold the back button for several seconds to gain access to the settings menu - where you enter the project location etc

Kevin Han

Post by Kevin Han » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:13 am

DemoPad wrote:The Designer software makes no distinction between iOS and Android, just publish to app as you would with iOS, recommend either using the Autosize option to scale the project to the android device, or you can manually alter the canvas size of your project for the device.

A note on using Android - almost all DemoPad deployed projects use iOS - and this is what we recommend. Some users have reported issues with Android, which tend to come down to the device they are using, or network connectivity of the Android operating system. Recommend only using Android when the project is fully tested on the device you are intending to deploy to. The Android app was developed & tested using Samsung & Nexus tablets.

One other point - whilst in the Android app, press and hold the back button for several seconds to gain access to the settings menu - where you enter the project location etc
Where is the set Autosize?

asimp11

Post by asimp11 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:55 pm

Yes, not much general info on the Android App.
It is easy to download the .apk file, but to install this manually you first need to go into you Android settings and enable "Unknown Sources" probably in security menu. Secondly you will need a file manager application to identify your download. I use Astro file manager, which is free on playstore. This will allow you to open the .apk file found on the other replies

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:15 am

The Autosize option is on the project settings tab in the designer software - it scales the project to the screen size of whichever device you load the project to

bpratt

Post by bpratt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:19 am

So where does one go to get the Android app ?

And how does one publish to a Android device, i.e. a Samsung S2 tab ?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Please email support for the Android apk link. You need to be using a Centro. Publishing is almost exactly the same as publishing to iOS.