One last request...

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
d_hero

One last request...

Post by d_hero » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:56 pm

So with all the recent changes , rightly or wrongly, I feel that I no longer want to continue to use the software as i don't trust that things won't change further in the future, at a detriment to small users like myself. I am in the process of moving across to something else however I could do with one last request here to get something working while I rebuild in another tool.

Fully understand i may not get Demopad support after the above but if anyone can help, i'd be grateful.

I just want to put a delay on a button so that it has to be pressed for a period of time before the actions are run on it. Is that possible?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: One last request...

Post by DemoPad » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Have a flag called 'ButtonHeld' - set it ON when the button is pressed, and set it to OFF when the button is released.

Then in your pressed actions, have your delayed action which is dependant on the 'ButtonHeld' flag being ON - hence it will only execute if you still have your finger on the button when the time comes.

d_hero

Post by d_hero » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Thats a great idea for doing it, but i already have some commands on this button that have to be dependent on some other flags, so i can't set them to be dependent on this new flag as well. I take it that means it won't work

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Then how about using a number variable, with custom number actions: Create a number variable called 'MACROS' or something, and include a custom number action for when it gets set to, say, 1. Put all your actions (with dependant flags) in there.

Then, on your pressed delayed action on your button - set the number to 1 if ButtonHeld is ON. This will fire the custom number actions for that value, where you have your other actions.

d_hero

Post by d_hero » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:00 am

Yep, that's perfect, works great.

Thanks