automation by calendar

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
cesolutions

automation by calendar

Post by cesolutions » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:57 am

Hello,

i have programmed a nightclub with demopad centro 8, and want to do calendar based automation events.

F.ex: on weekdays after 18:00 i want the playlist to change and the music volume up 6dB.

Is there a calendar function in demopad i can use? or are there any simple external Rs232 based calendar units i can put in there to just send triggers to demopad?

asimp11

Re: automation by calendar

Post by asimp11 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:48 pm

I used an astronomical time clock connected to the lighting system to do a similar action. works 100% every time no call backs!

You can get a din-rail time clock with volt free contacts from an electrical wholesalers.

The Centro digital outputs also work well with a DIY Rf power plug set for turning on remote Amps and Lights, by soldiering leads onto the button panel.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: automation by calendar

Post by DemoPad » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:22 am

The Centro-8 already has a built in astronomical clock / timer, so you can do this with the Centro timed macros menu. You can select days of week, months of year, or even flags to determine when the actions should occur, and these can be at an absolute time (eg 18:00) or based on the sun - eg 30 minutes after sunset. Please refer to http://www.demopad.com/centromanual.pdf