Audio control/integration

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
redjoe100

Audio control/integration

Post by redjoe100 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me the options for using Demopad to control a multi-zone audio system? I'm aware of the app jump feature but would like to keep everything within Demopad if possible, showing as much information as possible about the media. I have a project approaching where each zone is already wired with speaker cables back to a central rack location. No equipment has been decided so any guidance here would be great. Thanks

starwarsmike

Re: Audio control/integration

Post by starwarsmike » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:27 am

Hi

The only thing is to use Demopads Itunes extension.

I have created my own media player, see

http://www.demopad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5671

But have to say, its endless!! so time consuming.

If Demopad, could create a UPNP module, it would make things so much easier. It would be compatible with most music streamers. but they don't.

redjoe100

Post by redjoe100 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:08 am

That's impressive!

Thanks for the advice

fiveday

Post by fiveday » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:50 pm

I set up my whole home audio system consisting of six individual zones with six source inputs.
I am using the Sonance Navigator which is 6 zones and 6 source input. I like this because the ease of ir control.
AM/FM tuner I have a yamaha v-677 because the web interface is somewhat decent but if anyone knows of a different receiver or a less expensive one with a good web interface please let me know as I only use it for am/fm and kind of a waste of money.
Direct Tv for Sat music
Apple TV for iTunes music using the demo pad plugin again the apple tv is an older model with analog out for easy connectivety to the sonance and then airplays from my mac.
Starmikes media player would be a perfect match if you don't use iTunes music.

I also control my lights and surveillance system through demopad and can let you know how I did that later
I have had my Demopad setup for about 3 yrs and it is rock solid. I have many components that make this system come together.
for IP to Ir I am using a Global Cache GC100-12
To get video to show up in Demopad I use a couple of AXIS 2401 video server This is how I get direct Tv and My Cameras to show up
For lighting control I use Indigo by Perceptive Automation loaded on a Mac mini it has a web server built in that you can design your self.
If you need help how this connects and works let me know