Security System integration

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
pdmjr

Security System integration

Post by pdmjr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Hello, has anyone been able to access a security system with Demopad yet? I tried looking up with the search function but nothing came up. Several of the brands have serial modules or ip modules. The one in particular I am thinking about is the DSC power series. I do have a it-100 serial module for this and also a I believe sparkfun serial to ip converter. Any way for this to work? There is also a manual on DSC's website for the commands that can be sent and received. Possible??

Thanks
Pete

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Security System integration

Post by DemoPad » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:18 pm

DemoPad integrates with the Texecom Elite alarm panel series - via either RS232 or IP. There is a driver for the Centro-8, or you can just send the commands manually from the app.

cv27

Post by cv27 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:42 pm

I have a DSC Power Series PC1616. Serial to IP too often got my in trouble and getting a TL250 or TL300 at US $200 seemed overkill. Then I came acrosse this http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176, the EnvisaLink 3 or EVL-3, US $99.

I currently control my DSC from HomeSeer via the EVL-3; the API is here http://board.homeseer.com/attachment.ph ... 1371632671

Off hand I don't see why one coudn't control this from DemoPad. The only issue is that only one connection is allowed on port 4025 used by the API. I use the EVL-3 as a real time monitor of my panel and therefore collect information over time (stored on a server). The DemoPad IOS/Android client is not appropriate for this based on my requirements; it all depends what you want to do.

Stik

Post by Stik » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:50 am

I have been very happy using Demopad to control my Elk M1G Security system through the Universal Devices ISY-994 Home Automation System.

The ISY has a Elk Module which integrates the two very nicely. Demopad can then be used, both locally and remotely (using OpenVPN on Demand), to control and monitor the Elk Alarm Status. The ISY can also send text message / email notifications to your phone when just about any desired alarm condition is met and, along with your phone's geo-fence capabilities, auto-arm your alarm whenever nobody is home.

The hardware requirements are, however, fairly substantial. In addition to the Elk M1G Alarm, you would need the Elk M1XEP Ethernet Interface and Universal Devices ISY-994 (or other Elk Capable HA system) to control it all.