CENTRO-M

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: CENTRO-M

Post by DemoPad » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:06 pm

Initial command field should contain the command itself, eg a username/password for telnet login, as per the 'adding a device' forum documentation. The app startup action window says 'Actions when app is first launched', and doesn't affect a Centro.
Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 17.04.29.png
Agree that a Centro macro execution type: On Startup would be useful. This is on the development wish list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trevorst

Post by trevorst » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:12 pm

A possible issue with using the Device command is that the subscription does not require a constant connection the ISY sends data to the device address as long as the subscription is active.
At least that is how I understand it, a maintain connection is not required and all outgoing commands are passed through another device with the same ip & port info.
So I not sure how that will impact the initial command, will it refire every time a command is issued or a feedback is received ???

Stik

Post by Stik » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:55 am

DemoPad wrote:Initial command field should contain the command itself, eg a username/password for telnet login, as per the 'adding a device' forum documentation. The app startup action window says 'Actions when app is first launched', and doesn't affect a Centro.
Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 17.04.29.png
Agree that a Centro macro execution type: On Startup would be useful. This is on the development wish list.
Ok, I have had the chance to try this to subscribe to the ISY, but am not getting the expected outcome...

I have tried two things:

1st - Copied the working Pre-defined command to a Centro macro. Manually activated this command which does have the expected outcome successfully establishing the ISY subsctiption. Sending the same command through a button on the device and utilizing the "Route command via the Processor" also works without issue.

2nd - I then copied this same command to the "Initial Command" section of the "Device Properties." This however, is not working and does not establish the desired subscription upon Centro startup or restart.

Based on these results, I am guessing there must be some different means formatting the two different methods of sending the command. Am I misunderstanding how the "Initial Command" works? Can Demopad offer some insight on how to get this "Initial Command" working until the "On Startup Macro Execution Type" becomes available?

The command in question follows:

POST /services HTTP/1.1 \x0D\x0AHost: 192.168.2.5:80 \x0D\x0AAuthorization: Basic XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX \x0D\x0AContent-Length: 192 \x0D\x0AContent-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8" \x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A<s:Envelope><s:Body><u:Subscribe xmlns:u="urn:udi-com:service:X_Insteon_Lighting_Service:1"><reportURL>REUSE_SOCKET</reportURL><duration>infinite</duration></u:Subscribe></s:Body></s:Envelope>

Thanks for the help.

asimp11

Post by asimp11 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Is this a stupid question!

Can the Centro-M still send astrological timed events through its own outputs if the unit loses ethernet connection?

Thanks

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:26 pm

asimp11 wrote:Is this a stupid question!

Can the Centro-M still send astrological timed events through its own outputs if the unit loses ethernet connection?

Thanks
Not a stupid question - yes it can - we went to great lengths to ensure the Centro astronomical timer was not internet based - it does the calculation on the unit for the sunrise / sunset times based on the location.

cv27

Centro-8M: unreachable after power outtage

Post by cv27 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Just a heads up. We had a power failure and, once power was back, the client devices could not 'see' the Centro-8M. I didn't have time to investigate so I just powered off/on the Centro-8M and all was good.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Centro-8M: unreachable after power outtage

Post by DemoPad » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:27 pm

cv27 wrote:Just a heads up. We had a power failure and, once power was back, the client devices could not 'see' the Centro-8M. I didn't have time to investigate so I just powered off/on the Centro-8M and all was good.
The latest firmware update 2.1.2 deals with some reported issues surrounding network reconnectivity.

cv27

Re: Centro-8M: unreachable after power outtage

Post by cv27 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:21 am

DemoPad wrote:
cv27 wrote:Just a heads up. We had a power failure and, once power was back, the client devices could not 'see' the Centro-8M. I didn't have time to investigate so I just powered off/on the Centro-8M and all was good.
The latest firmware update 2.1.2 deals with some reported issues surrounding network reconnectivity.
I tried several times to update software. All seems to have gone well, but after the reboot, here's what I see:
upd-fw.png
sys-info.png
'Software version', 'Automation system software': what is the difference between the two and is 'system software' the firmware?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:34 am

The 2 firmware values are to assist us with diagnosing issues. As long as the software version matches what is available, you have updated correctly. On the firmware update page, it should really show that version rather than the other number, but until you go through another firmware update process you will see the automation software version - you can just ignore that for now

Cheesegeezer

Re: CENTRO-M: IR input port - learning capability?

Post by Cheesegeezer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:02 pm

cv27 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:28 pm
My real question was: does the IR input port also have learning capability? If so, when will this capability be exposed?
Did anyone get an answer for this? I have Centro 8M's and have a couple of remotes that, i don't have LIRC files for or even raw codes.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 pm

The pro software lets you export IR codes from pre-defined commands into LIRC format for use with the IR trigger function, but there is no learning ability on the Centro-8M. Our Centro-CM has a 38Khz IR learner function though.

Cheesegeezer

Post by Cheesegeezer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:21 pm

DemoPad wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 pm
The pro software lets you export IR codes from pre-defined commands into LIRC format for use with the IR trigger function, but there is no learning ability on the Centro-8M. Our Centro-CM has a 38Khz IR learner function though.
Many Thanks, I tried to input my pro code again but got "Auth Error", Email sent to you guys.

Here is what I got from a supplier for IR codes. I'm not very good with them, there is LIRC and pronto formats. Can you help with what I got and how to input them correctly in the demopad software please. I understand the A, B, C as their remotes only work on when A is pressed. Device is SMSL-AD18

Using NEC code
System Code:
A pos: 0x1234
B pos: 0x1235
C pos: 0x1236

Custom Code:

POWER, //0x01
INPUT, //0x07
MENU, //0x04
VOLUME_UP, //0x02
VOLUME_DOWN, //0x06
MUTE, //0x09