Demopad App reset

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
WiredSound

Demopad App reset

Post by WiredSound » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:27 am

Hi
Is there away to reset the Demopad App from within the App. The problem is that on very rear occasions a commend will continue being sent( e.g Volume Up on the TV.) The only way to stop this is by getting out of the Demopad App and closing the app down and then reloading the app. It would be great if my clients could hit a button which resets the outputting commands. Any help would be appreciated.

DemoPad
Site Admin

Re: Demopad App reset

Post by DemoPad » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:38 am

Are you experiencing this with a press & hold gesture? If you can send in your .pad file to support@demopad.com we will investigate the problem, the app should never send commands repeatedly, unless you have programmed it to do so.

You can use the 'Exit App' action type to shut the app down, but this will not auto-restart it.

cv27

Post by cv27 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:37 pm

I would welcome that "reset" capability from within the App, for a different purpose.

DemoPad periodically loses IP connectivity with a component (Pioneer VSX-1021), all others remain operational; I do have "maintain active connection" set.

So I have to quit, unload and reload the App. An action that would reset the connection to a device would save me frustration and a few steps.

On that same topic, when my logic sends an IP device command, doesn't DemoPad sense that it can't talk to the device (socket error, no ACK...) ?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes, when the app attempts to send a command & it fails, it attempts to re-connect. You can try a manual 'disconnect from device' action, which, when disconnected, should immediately re-connect if 'maintain active' is set.

Russ_270

Post by Russ_270 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:47 pm

I have had a similar problem which appears to go away when the app is reset however it has only happened three times.
I have volume up and down commands repeated every 0.3 seconds on page load if volume flags are on. The volume flags are then set on with button press and off with release.

This has worked very well, and the repeat time can be shortened to make, for example, an AV amp volume go up or down faster.

The problem which for some reason always made the volume go up, has happened so infrequently and I have never been able to find the cause or been able to duplicate it.