DemoPad Designer 2.141 questions

General Discussion on DemoPad or related products
cv27

DemoPad Designer 2.141 questions

Post by cv27 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Important - Version 2.141 onwards restricts access to the drivers for 3rd party systems (Crestron, Lutron, Rako, Opus, Systemline, Legrand, Nuvo, CBus etc) to authorised AV Professionals only. Users wishing to continue to use these drivers should NOT upgrade. Any project which uses the Generic IP device type will not be affected. Contact DemoPad support for further information
I thought it would be more beneficial to contact DemoPad Support via forum.

I am a bit puzzled by the above quote around the release of 2.141 and the obvious question is why? I have my own theories but I would prefer to hear DemoPad's answer. If the answer is not for public consumption, I would not mind a private message.

This post expresses my worry that other future functions will be restricted to authorized AV Professionals. I spent countless hours customizing my DemoPad remote. Prior to adopting DemoPad, I invested as much in the past when I owned a Pronto, only to be dropped by Philips in favor of professionals. So the reflex is back...

trevorst

Re: DemoPad Designer 2.141 questions

Post by trevorst » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:12 pm

My thoughts also, please include me in any replies.

ChrisB75

Post by ChrisB75 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:15 pm

And me please! I totally agree with the posted comments - I have also spent money on purchasing Demopad plus add-ons and I don't even want to think about how much time I put into this and I have enjoyed becoming a part of the Demopad community and try to be an active member of the forum. I REALLY hope this isn't the case - does this mean the non-commercial users of Demopad such as myself will no longer have access to future software upgrades? If so, how much would it cost me to register as an AV Professional even though it would only be for my own use? This would seem a crazy scenario and I suspect the cost would be prohibitive for me. Hope to hear soon....

hgwebber

Post by hgwebber » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 am

I also am a bit confused as well....
I just bought demopad, and graphics packs. inside the last month or so.

I have been adapting my equipment to RedEye System. and IP cameras,. :D
and Rako, and put the demopad stuff on hold as the last thing I would do..

Part of me wonders if I should cut loose and...
on the precipice of bringing all the pre-work to bear...

I just spent £600 on redeye pro, and that company is closing down... but that is hardware.
and it appears it is very good hardware... but that remains to be seen in the years ahead.
and I went out of my way to get that to integrate with DemoPad :?

DemoPad
Site Admin

Post by DemoPad » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 am

Ok - all we have done is remove tools which, in the vast majority of cases, are of absolutely no use to home users. This actually makes the software easier to use, as there are fewer unused menu options to wade through.

For example, the only people who can integrate with Crestron or Lutron systems are authorised Crestron & Lutron dealers, as you need access to their software, which they restrict access to. They are a few exceptions, and we are happy to deal with any user individually to address any problems they might have with existing projects. Integration with RedEye systems, for example, is not affected by the software change.

Home users continue to be an important focus for us, and we have many features being implemented which will benefit everyone.

If any home user has any specific problem as a result of this new software version, please contact DemoPad email support directly.